End of life warnings
When the Sanyo LP-Z2 projector lamp is approaching end of life, the Indicator Light on the Sanyo LP-Z2 projector will starting blinking yellow. Replace the lamp immediately when the yellow light is blinking.
Why buy authentic?
Only genuine Sanyo POA-LMP69 lamps should be used in order to keep your projector is good working order. The authentic POA-LMP69 has been manufactured to meet the specifications of the Sanyo LP-Z2 projector.
The price of counterfeit knock-off lamps may be tempting but can cost you more money in the long run. Counterfeit lamps are not manufactured according to Sanyo’s specifications and can damage the sensitive (and expensive) mechanisms in your Sanyo LP-Z2 projector.
Find this lamp sold on Amazon by these authorized dealers:
- Sanyo Projector Lamp POA-LMP69
Genuine AL™ 610-309-7589 / POA-LMP69 Lamp & Housing for Sanyo Projectors – 180 Day Warranty!!
- Genuine AL™ 610-309-7589 / POA-LMP69 Lamp & Housing for Sanyo Projectors – 180 Day Warranty!!
- SANYO POA-LMP72 OEM PROJECTOR LAMP EQUIVALENT WITH HOUSING
Replacing the SANYO POA-LMP69 projector lamp
Turn off the projector and unplug the AC cord. The Sanyo LP-Z2 projector should be cool to the touch before you replace the projector lamp. It usually takes one hour for the projector to fully cool since these projectors operate under high temperatures.
NOTE: Do not operate the projector while any of the lamps are removed as this may result in malfunctions and may be a fire hazard.
Caution: Avoid creating black spots on the projector lamp. Don’t touch the screen or the actual bulb with your finger or hands. Oil from your hands can damaged the lamp.
The lamp cover is found underneath the Sanyo LP-Z2 projector. Gently turn it upside, making sure to protect the top of the projector. Using a screwdriver loosen the screw holding the cover in place. Put the cover to one side.
Inside will be the lamp projector cage. Remove the two screws on either side of the Sanyo POA-LMP69 lamp. Grab the handle on the lamp cage and gently pull out the lamp. Place to one side. You’ll need to recycle the old lamp.
Once the lamp is in, tighten the screws on the Lamp Assembly.
Replace the Lamp Cover and tighten the screw.
Re-connect the power cord and turn on the Sanyo LP-Z2 projector. You’ll need to reset the lamp replacement counter.
Resetting the Sanyo PLV-Z2 Lamp Replacement counter
NOTE: Reset the Lamp Replacement Counter only when the Sanyo POA-LMP69 lamp has been replaced.
- Turn the Sanyo LP-Z2 projector on.
- Press the Menu option to display the On-Screen Menu.
- Press the left/right button(s) to move to the Setting Menu icon.
- Press the Point Down button to move to Lamp Counter Reset.
- Press the Select button
- When the next confirmation dialog box appears, press select.
- The Lamp box will disappear and the Lamp Replace Dialog box appears.
- Select YES to reset Lamp Replace Counter.
NOTE: When you reset the Lamp Replace Counter the Lamp Replace indicator stops blinking.
3 tips for extending the life of the Sanyo POA-LMP69 projector lamp
Extend the life of your newly installed Sanyo POA-LMP69 by following these helpful tips:
- Wait at least five minutes before turning the Sanyo LP-Z2 projector off.
- Don’t operate the projector continuously without letting it stand for at least one hour turned off every 24 hours.
- Cleaning the air filter regularly will also prolong the life of the Sanyo POA-LMP69 and prevent the Sanyo LP-Z2 projector from overheating.
Looking for a green alternative? Try replacing only the bulb and re-using the plastic cage. Watch our Sanyo POA-LMP69 replacement training guide to find out more.