Note: These instructions can also be used for the Epson PowerLite 84+ projector.
When to replace
If Power Consumption is set to normal, you can expect approximately 5000 hours of Epson PowerLite 84 projector lamp lamp life. (Extend that time to 6000 hours by using the ECO Mode setting). When it’s time to replace the Epson PowerLite 84 projector lamp, you’ll see the following end of life signs:
- projected image gets darker or starts to deteriorate.
- a message Replace the lamp appears on the screen
- Epson Powerlite 84 projector lamp warning light flashes orange.
- projector lamp is burnt out and must be replaced immediately when the lamp warning light flashes red.
Authentic projector lamps are critical
Your Epson PowerLite 84 projector is a complicated machine with high-end optics. It needs a properly calibrated projector lamp in order to keep working at its best. Only an authorized OEM dealer can provide these lamps. Knock-off generics, sold at discount prices, simply can’t offer the same performance — they don’t have the correct parts and haven’t been calibrated. Look for the seal of approval before buying your Epson PowerLite 84 projector lamp.
6 reasons to buy authentic:
- generice have a shorter lamp life and actually cost you more money in the long run
- knockoff lamps are created with toxic materials and carcinogenic parts
- genreica prone to explosions
- knockoffs damage the sensitive electronics in your projectors
- generic lamp manufacturers have not installed any safeguards to protect your eyesight
- no guarantee or refunds offered.
Learm how to protect yourself with 7 Ways to Spot a Counterfeit Lamp.
Find this lamp on Amazon sold by these authorized dealers:
- ELPLP50 Epson Projector Lamp Replacement. Epson ELP-LP50 Projector Lamp with High Quality 200 Watt UHE Osram Bulb Inside
- Premium ELPLP50 / V13H010L50 Projection Lamp With Housing For EPSON Projector EB-824, EB-824H, EB-825, EB-825H, EB-825V, EB-825VH, EB-826W, EB-826WH, EB-826WV, EB-826WVH, EB-84, EB-84H, EB-84He, EB-84,L EB-85, EB-85H, EB-85V, EB-85VH, PowerLite 825, PowerLite 825+, PowerLite 826W, PowerLite 826W+
- Lutema for Epson ELPLP50 Replacement DLP/LCD Cinema Projector Lamp – Osram Inside
Projector Lamp ELPLP50/V13H010L50 w/Housing For EPSON Projectors and 1-Year Replacement Warranty
- G-lamps ELPLP50 / V13H010L50 Replacement Lamp with Housing for EPSON PowerLite 825/825+/826W/826W+/84/84+/85/85+
Installing the Projector Lamp Replacement
The Epson Powerlite 84 uses the Epson ELPLP50 V13H010L50 projector lamp replacement. Before installating the new projector lamp followe these important safety procedures:
- Turn power button off wait for light to stop flashing.
- Turn off power switch on Epson PowerLite 84 projector.
- Unplug the power cord.
- Allow the Epson PowerLite 84 projector to cool for one hour – it should be cool to the touch. These projectors run a high temperatures so you can burn yourself badly if the projector has not cooled enough before being opened up.
- Do not operate the projectors while any of the lamps are removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accidents.
The lamp cover is found on top of the Epson PowerLite 84 projector. Loosen the lamp cover screw — you can’t remove it only loosen it.
Slide the Epson PowerLite 826W projector lamp cover off.
Loosen the two screws holding the Epson ELPLP50 V13H010L50 projector lamp in place.
Grab the Epson ELPLP50 projector amp by side indents. Gently pull the lamp out. Pulling too quickly can cause the bulb to shatter. Learn what to do should this happen.
NOTE: The Epson ELPLP50 V13H010L50 projector lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle your used lamps! If you bought from an authentic manufacturer they will recycle the lamp for you at no extra cost (another reason to buy authentic lamps).
Gently insert the Epson ELPLP50 projector lamp making sure it’s facing the right way. Caution: Don’t touch the screen or the actual bulb with your finger since the oil from your skin can cause a black spot on the bulb.
Tighten the screws on the new Epson ELPLP50 projector lamp. Be sure not to tighten too much or the lamp may not work.
Replace the lamp cover and tighten the screw on the PowerLite 84 projector lamp cover. You’re ready to reset the Epson PowerLite 84 projector lamp timer.
Reset the projector lamp timer
Reset the Epson PowerLite 84 projector Lamp Replacement Counter only when the Epson ELPLP50 projector lamp has been replaced.
- Press the MENU button on the remote control. The Lamp Reset Menu will appear.
- Scroll down to the RESET LAMP HOURS. Press ENTER.
- A prompt appears asking if you want to RESET LAMP HOURS?
- Select YES and press ENTER.
- Press MENU to exit.
Prolong the life of the Epson ELPLP50 projector lamp:
Extend the life of the newly installed Epson ELPLP50 projector lamp by:
- Keeping your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turning off the Epson PowerLite 84 projector and letting it rest at least one hour ever 24 hours. An average use of four to five hours per day will ensure longer lamp life.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.