Step 1: Buy authentic
It’s important that you install an OEM lamp and avoid a generic, compatible lamp.
Knock-off, compatible generic lamps may seem like a bargain in the beginning. They actually cost more in the long run since they can damage the color wheel and ballast mechanisms in your RPTV. They also give off poor light, are prone to messy explosions and actually have a shorter life.
There are also health concerns associated with these lamps. Generic lamps are made with toxic substances that can compromise your family’s health. Read more about the dangers of Krypton-85.
When you purchase an OEM replacement lamps you’re guaranteed the best lamp for your RPTV.
We recommend purchasing from an Authorized Philips dealer such as Discount-Merchant.com to insure that you are receiving a genuine Philips brand replacement lamp. Beware of knock-off and counterfeit Philips lamps floating around in the market.
Step 2: Resetting the counter
Once you have installed your OEM replacement lamp, resetting the counter is a very simple procedure:
• Begin with the TV powered off.
• Point your remote towards your TV.
• Menu + 1 + 8 + 2 + Power.
• Your TV set should now say “Loading Factory”.
• Browse down to “Option” then press Enter (or the right cursor button).
To exit the service menu, hit press the EXIT button or just turn off your TV (remember not to turn on your TV immediately afterward!).
NOTE: The Mute+1+8+2 buttons needs to be pressed down consecutively and fairly quickly. If your TV does not enter the service menu after using this combination, you can substitute MENU instead of MUTE. This seems to work for some sets. Also, the right cursor arrow also acts as the ENTER button, so try it if you’re having difficulty with the ENTER button.
Advantages of OEM lamps
• Brilliant brightness and luminosity: Your OEM lamps has been built to work in harmony with every component in your RPTV. Keep the optics, power supply, electronics and processing algorithms in sync to provide the best image possible – the reason who invested in an RPTV.
• Color: Genuine lamps have the correct technology to give the correct optical alignment of your color wheel and give consistent color across the whole screen.
• Safety: Your RPTV operates at extremely high temperatures. The quartz, glass and wires in your lamp have to be able to withstand the high pressure heat. Scruplous OEM manufacturers lamps have tested their lamps for safety. Generic manufacturers have not.
• Lamp Life: Only OEM lamps have the durability to work for their entire lifespan. Only genuine lamps give you the guaranty of full life performance along with a money back guarantee. Installing a generic knock-off lamp will void your warranty and should any damage be done to your RPTV you’re on your on for repairs. Why threaten the investment you’ve made in your RPTV to sake a few dollars?