Why avoid generic lamps?
Optoma DX733 projector lamp that are counterfeit areeasy to come by. Their bargain prices appear to be a great deal. But they come with a hidden price tag that works out to be more money in the long run. Since counterfeit lamps are created with toxic materials used as substiutions they don’t have the proper safeguards to protect your eyesight.
They are also prone to explosions, don’t last as long as authentic and can damage the sensitive optics in your Optoma DX733 projector. Learn the 7 Ways to Spot a Counterfeit Lamp.
Keep your Optoma DX733 projector working at its by installing an OEM authentic Optoma BL-FP230C projector lamp. Look for the seal of approval to be sure.
Buy this lamp on Amazon from the following authorized dealers:
- Optoma BL-FP230C Projector Assembly with High Quality Original Bulb Inside
- BL-FP230C Optoma DX205 Projector Lamp
Replacing the Optoma BL-FP230C: Step-by-step instructions
Follow these important safety steps before installing a new Optoma BL-FP230C projector lamp:
- The used Optoma BL-FP230C contains mercury and should be properly recycled. Don’t throw it into regular garbage.
- Switch off the power to the Optoma DX733 projector by pressing the Power/Standby button.
- Disconnect the power cord.
- Allow the projector to cool down for at least 30 minutes. If should be cool to the touch. These projectors run using high temperatures and you can burn yourself badly if you don’t allow the projector to cool down.
1. Place something soft underneath the Optoma DX733 projector and then turn the projector onto it’s back. Remove the two screws holding the cover in place.
2. Push the projector lamp cover up to remove.
3. Use a screwdriver to remove the two screws holding the projector lamp module in place.
4. Slowly put out the old lamp by grabbing the edge of the lamp. Be careful not to bang the lamp against the projector as this may case the bulb to break. Learn what to do if the lamp has exploded inside the projector.
5. Place the new BL-FP230C lamp into the Optoma DX733 projector. Tighten the two screws on the projector lamp. Replace the lamp cover and tighten its two screws.
You must now reset the Lamp Replacement Timer.
Reset the lamp timing on the Optoma DX733
The Optoma DX733 projector has an automatic lamp reset timer that tracks the life of the lamp and triggers the lamp replacement warning. You need to reset the timer each time the projector lamp is replaced.
Press the Menu option on either the remote or on the projector.
- Scroll over to the Lamp Setting Menu. Press enter.
- Select Reset Lamp Hours. Press Enter
- The Execute/Cancel command line will appear.
- Scroll over to choose Execute. Press Enter.
- The lamp hours will be reset to zero.
How to extend the life of the projector lamp
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the Optoma DX733 projector and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life