The Canon LV-5200 offers advanced portability, durability, and ease of use. Replacing the Canon LV-5200 projector lamp is as simple as using the projector. You’ll need a Canon LV-LP16 8814A001 projector lamp.
Why buy an authentic projector lamp?
The Internet has been swamped with companies selling generic, compatible lamps that are just not as good as original OEM lamps. Generics may have a lower price tag but in the long run, they cost more because they create a lot of problems:
- inferior workmanship means a inferior product
- unable to be calibrated properly genericscan seriously damage the optics in your Canon LV-5200
- don’t last the full 2000 hours.
- present a serious health hazard due to their toxic materials.
- installation of generics voids the warranty on your Canon LV-5200 projector.
Projector lamp end of life warnings
When the Canon LV-LP16 8814A001 projector lamp is appearing end of life, the LAMP REPLACE indicator lights yellow. Replace the projector lamp immediately when you see this warning.
You may also the on screen image is not as bright or has faded.
To replace the Canon LV-LP16 8814A001 projector lamp
Before replacing the lamp unplug the projector from the electrical outlet and allow it to cool for at least 45 minutes. The projector operates under high heat and you can get burned badly if you don’t wait.
- To remove the projector Lamp Cover, remove the screw with a screwdriver.
- Loosen 3 screws with a screwdriver and use the wire handle to pull out the lamp. NOTE: The Canon LV-LP16 8814A001 projector lamp contains mercury and needs to be properly recycled. Don’t throw the used lamp into your regular garbage.
- Using the wire handle, guide to the new LV-LP16 8814A001 projector lamo into the projector. Be careful not to touch the actual bulb since this can create oil marks that burn when the projector starts up.
- Replace The Lamp Cover and tighten the screw.
- Connect the AC Power Cord and turn the Canon LV-5200 projector on.
- Reset the Lamp Replace Counter.
How to reset the projector lamp counter
The Canon LV-5200 projector comes equipped with an automatic timer that tracks the hours a projector lamp has been in use. When it it approaching end of life, it triggers the warning lamp. After replacing the projector lamp, always reset the lamp counter so it can can accurately the number of hours left for the lamp.
To reset the projector lamp timer:
- Press the MENU button to bring up the ONSCREEN MENU.
- Scroll to the SETTING Menu icon (refer to page 36, 37).
- Scroll down to “Lamp counter reset”
- Press the SET button to display the message “Lamp replace counter reset?” A second confirmation dialog appears.
- Scroll to the YES option. Press SET.
Extending the life of your Canon LV-LP16 8814A001 projector lamp
Follow this simple tips and get more hours from your projector lamp:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the Epson Canon LV-5200 projector and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours.
- An average use of four to five hours per day will ensure longer lamp life.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Set the Brightness Mode to low.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.
The green alternative
Looking for a green alternative? Try replacing only the bulb and re-using the same plastic cage.
Watch this how to video guide to learn more.