Install a replacement Infocus IN1124 projector lamp using this guide.
Replace the Infocus IN1124 projector lamp quickly by following this guide.
Why go with authentic
Buy an authentic replacement projector lamp and avoid the headaches associated with counterfeit lamps. Find the 6 most common problems associated with counterfeits at the end of this post.
Find this lamp on Amazon sold by these authorized dealers:
Install the replacement projector lamp
Your InFocus IN1124 projector needs the InFocus SP-LAMP-076 replacement projector lamp. Follow these important safety steps BEFORE installing the replacement
- Turn off the InFocus IN1124 projector and unplug the power cord.
- To avoid getting burned, let the projector fully cool before changing the lamp.
- Do not operate the projectors while any of the lamps are removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accidents.
- Loosen the two captive screws on the lamp cover.
- Remove the lamp cover.
- Remove the two screws from the lamp module.
- Lift the module handle up. Pull firmly on the module handle to remove the lamp module.
- NOTE: The InFocus SP-LAMP-076 contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle this used lamp!
- Place the new lamp into the projector being sure to line it up properly. Align the lamp module with the connector and ensure it is level to avoid damage.
- Make sure the lamp is sitting securely in place and the lamp connector must be
- connected properly before tightening the screws.
- Tighten the two screws on the lamp.
- Replace the lamp cover and tighten the screws.
To reset the lamp timer:
- Press MENU
- Select INSTALLATION II/ ADVANCED. Press Enter
- Scroll down to select LAMP HOUR RESET. Press Enter
- Press the left arrow, then down arrow, then up arrow and double arrows
- Press the MENU button to get back to INSTALLATION II
Tips for longer lamp life
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the Infocus IN1124 and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life
Top reasons to avoid counterfeit lamps:
- inferior parts
- prone to explosions
- may end up costing due to shorter lamp life
- needlessly exposes you to toxic materials
Buy from a legitimate source to keep your projector under warranty and working properly.