When the Epson Powerlite 826W projector lamp has reached its end of life this guide will show you how to install a new projector lamp.
Note: These instructions can also be used for the PowerLite 826W+ projector.
Why invest in authentic projector lamps
An authentic projector lamp makes all the difference in how your Epson PowerLite 826W projector performs. Generics just can’t offer the same performance or value. Look for the seal of approval before buying your Epson PowerLite 826W projector lamp.
6 reasons to avoid generic lamps:
- shorter lamp life
- created with toxic materials and carcinogenic parts including Krypton-85
- prone to explosions
- can damage the sensitive electronics in your projectors
- no safeguards to protect your eyesight
- no guarantee or refunds offered.
Learm how to protect yourself. Read the 7 Ways to Spot a Counterfeit Lamp.
Find this lamp on Amazon sold by these authorized dealers:
- ELPLP50 Epson Projector Lamp Replacement. Epson ELP-LP50 Projector Lamp with High Quality 200 Watt UHE Osram Bulb Inside
- Premium ELPLP50 / V13H010L50 Projection Lamp With Housing For EPSON Projector EB-824, EB-824H, EB-825, EB-825H, EB-825V, EB-825VH, EB-826W, EB-826WH, EB-826WV, EB-826WVH, EB-84, EB-84H, EB-84He, EB-84,L EB-85, EB-85H, EB-85V, EB-85VH, PowerLite 825, PowerLite 825+, PowerLite 826W, PowerLite 826W+
- Lutema for Epson ELPLP50 Replacement DLP/LCD Cinema Projector Lamp – Osram Inside
Projector Lamp ELPLP50/V13H010L50 w/Housing For EPSON Projectors and 1-Year Replacement Warranty
- G-lamps ELPLP50 / V13H010L50 Replacement Lamp with Housing for EPSON PowerLite 825/825+/826W/826W+/84/84+/85/85+
Watching for end of life
The life span of the Epson PowerLite 826W projector lamp is approximately 5000 hours when the Power Consumption in the Setting menu is set to Normal. When Power Consumption is set to ECO mode, there is approximately 6000 hours.
It is time to replace the Epson PowerLite 826W projector lamp when the following signs are seen:
- The projected image gets darker or starts to deteriorate.
- The message Replace the lamp appears on the screen
- The projector lamp warning light flashes orange.
- When the lamp warning light flashes red — this projector lamp is burnt out and must be replaced immediately.
Installing the Projector Lamp Replacement
The Epson Powerlite 826W uses the Epson ELPLP50 V13H010L50 projector lamp replacement.
- Turn power button off wait for light to stop flashing.
- Turn off power switch on Epson PowerLite 826W projector.
- Unplug the power cord.
- Allow the Epson PowerLite 826Wprojector to cool for one hour – it should be cool to the touch. These projectors run a high temperatures so you can burn yourself very badly if the projector has not cooled enough before being opened up.
- Do not operate the projectors while any of the lamps are removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accidents.
Caution: Don’t touch the actual bulb with your fingers since the oil from your skin can cause a black spot on the bulb.
The lamp cover is found on top of the Epson PowerLite 826W projector. Loosen the lamp cover screw — you can’t remove it only loosen it.
Slide the Epson PowerLite 826W projector lamp cover off.
Loosen the two screws holding the Epson ELPLP50 V13H010L50 projector lamp in place.
Grab the Epson ELPLP50 projector amp by side indents. Gently pull the lamp out. Pulling too quickly can cause the bulb to shatter. Learn what to do should this happen.
NOTE: The Epson ELPLP50 V13H010L50 projector lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle your used lamps! If you bought from an authentic manufacturer they will recycle the lamp for you at no extra cost (another reason to buy authentic lamps).
Gently insert the Epson ELPLP50 projector lamp making sure it’s facing the right way.
Tighten the screws on the new Epson ELPLP50 projector lamp. Be sure not to tighten too much or the lamp may not work.
Replace the lamp cover and tighten the screw on the PowerLite 826W projector lamp cover.
Reset the Epson PowerLite 826W projector lamp timer.
Reset the projector lamp timer
Reset the Epson PowerLite 826W projector Lamp Replacement Counter only when the Epson ELPLP50 projector lamp has been replaced.
- Press the MENU button on the remote control. The Lamp Reset Menu will appear.
- Scroll down to the RESET LAMP HOURS. Press ENTER.
- A prompt appears asking if you want to RESET LAMP HOURS?
- Select YES and press ENTER.
- Press MENU to exit.
Prolong the life of the Epson ELPLP50 projector lamp:
Extend the life of the newly installed Epson ELPLP50 projector lamp with the following tips:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the Epson PowerLite 826W projector and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours. An average use of four to five hours per day will ensure longer lamp life.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life