Step 1: Know when to replace the lamp
When the Toshiba TDP-D1 projector lamp is running out of time you’ll notice the picture has poor color quality or may appear dimmer than usual. When the projector lamps reaches the end of life at 1,500 hours, the bulb icon will appear and a message “Replace your lamp” appears.
Step 2: Buy an authentic projector lamp
Your Toshiba TDP-D1 uses the Toshiba TDP-LD1 75016689. It may be confusing trying to find the correct projector lamp since there are so many choices. It’s avoid getting duped into buying a counterfeit lamp posing as an authentic lamp. Always look for the seal of approval and watch for telltale signs you are about to purchase a counterfeit lamp:
- generics have inferior parts so are prone or overheat and explode
- generics have a short life and don’t last longer than a few months
- Often these lamps use toxic chemicals as substitutes
- generic’s can’t be calibrated properly and will damage your projector’s optics
- copycat manufacturers offer no guarantee or refunds
- the warranty on your Panasonic Toshiba TDP-D1 projector will become void.
Find this lamp sold on Amazon by these authorized dealers:
- TDP-LD1 / TDP-LD2 Projector Replacement Lamp for TOSHIBA TDP-D1 / TDP-D1-US / TDP-D2 / TDP-D2-US
- Toshiba TDPLD1 Projector Brand New High Quality Original Projector Bulb
Step 3: Installing the projector lamp
Follow these important safety tips before changing the projector lamp:
- Switch off the power to the projector by pressing the Power/Standby button.
- After waiting 30 seconds, disconnect the power cord.
- Allow the projector to cool down for at least 30 minutes. If should be cool to the touch. The Toshiba TDP-D1 projectors run using high temperatures and you can burn yourself badly if you don’t allow the projector to cool down.
Loosen the two screws holding the lamp cover in place. and remove the lamp cover.
Loosen the three screws holding the Toshiba TDP-LD1 75016689 projector lamp in place, and pull on the handle to remove the lamp. Recycle the burnt out Toshiba TDP-LD1 75016689 properly as these lamps do contain mercury.
Get the new Toshiba TDP-LD1 75016689 replacement lamp ready. Align the orientation, press down until the bottom is reached, and lock in place using the three lamp locking screws.
Replace the lamp cover. You are now ready to reset the lamp timer.
Reset the replacement projector lamp timer
Each time you change the lamp you need to reset the lamp timer. Failure to do so may cause the projector to use the lamp over the recommended period of 2000 hours time resulting in the projector lamp exploding.
Extend the life of the Toshiba projector lamp:
- Press the SETTING MENU button to display the menu screen.
- Scroll down the menu options to the Lamp Time
- Press the ENTER button to select zero.
- Click ENTER to exit the MENU.
Learn more tips for extending the projector lamp life in your Toshiba TDP-D1 projector.