Step 1: Be prepared with the right lamp
With the right Hitachi CP-X268A projector lamp and by following our step-by-step guide, you will be able to install a new lamp in under 15 minutes. Keep your Hitachi CP-X268A projector working at its best by always using authentic OEM Lamps. Look for the seal of approval before purchasing a
so you can be sure to be getting the real deal. It can be confusing to shop on line and get the right lamp. Your key to knowing if the Hitachi CP-X268A projector lamp is authentic or not: If the price seems to be too good to be true, it’s a copycat lamp. These counterfiet lamp just don’t deliver and have many problems, which make them more expensive in the end.
Why avoid generics:
- With their inferior parts, counterfeit lamps are prone to exploding
- generics have a shorter life
- these lamps are created using toxic chemicals as substitutes
- can’t be calibrated properly so deliver a much poorer image
- make your warranty void.
Keep your projector working and go with an authentic Hitachi DT00751 CPX260 lamp.
Step 2: Watch for end of life with the Hitachi CP-X268A projector lamp
Your Hitachi CP-X268A projector uses the Hitachi DT00751 CPX260 lamp and when it reaches end of life, there will be several tell tale signs:
- Hitachi CP-X268A Lamp Indicator light will start flashing red.
- Color tone on the screen may also appear weak or washed out.
- Picture has poor colour quality.
- You may notice the Hitachi DT00751 starts to go dark after being used for long period of time.
The Hitachi DT00751 CPX260 lamp has a finite life and trying to force it beyond its normal lamp life can damage your Hitachi CP-X268A.
Find this lamp on Amazon sold by these authorized dealers:
Step 3: Installing the Hitachi DT00751 CPX268 lamp
Before installing a new lamp be sure to turn off the Hitachi CP-X268A and let the projector cool down for at least one hour. This projector operates using high temperatures and there is a risk of you burning yourself if the projector has not cooled.
- Turn off the projector by pressing the power button.
- Unplug any power cords.
- Loosen the Hitachi CP-X268A lamp cover screw
- Slide the lamp cover to the side to remove it.
- Loosen the screws on the lamp. Gently lift up the wire handle and pull out the Hitachi DT00751 CPX260 lamp.
- NOTE: The Hitachi DT00751 contains mercury and should be properly recycled. Don’t place it into regular garbage.
- Take the new DT00751 lamp out of its packaging.
- Pick up the Hitachi DT00751 lamp by the handle and gently insert the lamp into the projector making sure not to bang the lamp. Pulling too quickly can cause the bulb to shatter. Learn how to clean up a broken lamp.
- Avoid touching the actual bulb as oil from your fingers can leave marks on the bulb that will burn into black spots.
- Slide the Hitachi CP-X265A lamp cover back in place and firmly fasten the lamp cover a screw.
- Turn the projector on and reset the lamp time.
Resetting the Hitachi CP-X268A lamp timer
- Press the MENU button
- When the EASY MENU has appeared press Enter to choose
- Scroll down to the ADVANCED MENU option.
- Scroll down to OPTION menu.
- Press ENTER.
- Scroll down to LAMP TIME.
- A dialog field will appear.
- Choose RESET on the dialog field.
- Press ENTER.
- The lamp time will be reset to 0.
- Press the MENU button to exit.