When it is time to replace?
When the warning message: “Lamp is running out of standard lifetime. Be sure to replace the lamp as soon as possible” appears, it’s time to replace the Optoma H55 projector lamp! Other warning signs that the Optoma H55 projector lampis reaching end of life include the Lamp LED flashing orange or an image with bad color and deteriorating definition. Don’t wait! Buy a Optoma BL-FU200A lamp as soon as possible.
Buy the right projector lamp
Be sure to buy an authentic projector lamp. Watch for telltale signs you are about to purchase a counterfeit lamp:
- lower than normal price. The industry standard is no more then 20% discount
- amateur labelling with many spelling errors
- Glue on the edges and elements out of alignment
- Scratches inside the lamp cage
Six reasons to avoid generics
- Generic lamps have a much shorter life
- These lamps use toxic chemicals as substitutes since they don’t have access to the proper materials
- Copycat lamps are more prone to overheat and explode
- Generic lamps are not properly calibrated to work with the sensitive electronics in projectors and installing can void the guarantee on your Optoma H55 projector.
Buy this lamp on Amazon from the following authorized dealers:
Installing the Optoma BL-FU200A projector lamp
Before replacing the projector lamp be sure to follow these important safety tips:
- Switch off the power to the projector by pressing the Power/Standby button.
- Allow the projector to cool down for at least 30 minutes. It should be cool to the touch. The Optoma H55 runs at a high temperature and you can burn yourself badly if you don’t allow the projector to cool down.
- Disconnect the power cord.
Step 1: Place the projector on a soft surface before turning it over and loosening the 2 screws holding the lamp cover in place.
Step 2: Remove the projector lamp cover and place to one side. Don’t lose the screws to the cover as the Optoma H55 projector will not turn back on until the lamp cover has been properly installed.
Step 3: Remove all three screws holding the Optoma BL-FU200A (SP.83601.001C) in place.
- NOTE: The Optoma BL-FU200A (SP.83601.001C) projector lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle this lamp.
Step 4: Lift the wire handle on the projector lamp and gently remove it from the projector. Be careful not to hit the lamp or you can cause it to break.
- Take the new Optoma BL-FU200A (SP.83601.001C) projector lamp out of its packaging and lift the handle on the lamp. Gently place it into the projector making sure not to touch the actual bulb. Oil from fingerprint marks can burn black spots onto the lamp when it heats up.
- Tighten the screws on the projector lamp.
- Close the lid. Tighten the cover screws.
- You are now ready to reset the lamp timer.
Reset the Optoma H55 lamp timer
Your Optoma H55 comes equipped with an automatic lamp timer that tracks the number of hours left for the Optoma BL-FU200A (SP.83601.001C) lamp. Each time you change the lamp you need to reset the lamp timer. Failure to do so may cause the projector to use the lamp over the recommended period of time resulting in the lamp exploding.
- Press the Menu button to open the On-Screen-Data (OSD) menu.
- Scroll over to the Management menu.
- Scroll down to Lamp Reset.
- Press the right arrow or Enter button to enter Status menu.
- Move down to Lamp Hour Reset.
- Press the right arrow or Enter button to select Reset option.
- The Status menu appears again showing the Lamp Hours reset to zero.
- Turning on the Eco Mode to lower power consumption and extend the lamp life by 130%.
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the Optoma H55 projector and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life