Replace the Sanyo POA-LMP132 (service parts no 610 345 2456) immediately with a guaranteed authentic lamp. Be sure to verify that your lamp is authentic and buy from an authorized manufacturer. If the price of the lamp you’re about to buy seems like an incredible bargain, chances are it’s counterfeit and has been created using inferior parts that can damage the inside of your projector since it will not fit properly. Buying a knock-off lamp will also void your warranty and should anything happen to the projector you will not be covered.
The lifespan of your Sanyo POA-LMP132 (service parts no 610 345 2456) lamp will vary depending on how much the projector is used and if the filters are cleaned regularly. To maintain the life of your lamp, wait at least five minutes before turning it off. Don’t operate the projector continuously without letting it stand for at least one hour every 24 hours.
STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS FOR PLC-XR201/PLC-XR251 LAMP REPLACEMENT
Before installation: Turn off the projector and unplug the AC cord. Allow the Sanyo PLC-XR201/PLC-XR251 projector to cool to the touch. This can tke between 45 to 60 minutes. Don’t open the projector when hot since these machines operate under high temperatures and you can burn yourself.
Replacing the Sanyo POA-LMP132 Lamp Assembly
1. Remove the lamp cover for Sanyo PLC-XR201/PLC-XR251 projector—it’s located at the top of the projector towards the back. Locate the screw holding the lamp cover in place found on the side over top of the ventilation holes. Loosen the screw to remove the cover.
2. Inside you’ll find the Sanyo POA-LMP132 (service parts no 610 345 2456) lamp cage. Loosen all three screws holding the lamp cage in place. Grab the handles on the lamp cage and gently lift the lamp out of its socket. Place to one side. Be sure to dispose of the lamp properly through a local recycling program.
3. Take the new Sanyo POA-LMP132 (service parts no 610 345 2456) lamp cage by the handle—avoid touching the lamp surface as oil from your fingers can cause black spots to appear when the projector is turned on. Gently maneuver the lamp into place. Don’t force the lamp as this may damage it.
4. Once the lamp is in, tighten all three screws on the Sanyo POA-LMP132 (service parts no 610 345 2456) Lamp Assembly. Make sure the screws have been tightened properly or the Sanyo PLC-XR201/PLC-XR251 projector will not turn on.
5. Replace the Lamp Cover and tighten the screw.
6. Re-connect the power cord and turn on the Sanyo PLC-XR201/PLC-XR251. If the Sanyo POA-LMP132 (service parts no 610 345 2456) lamp does not turn on after the warm-up period, try re-installing the lamp. Reset the lamp hour using the Lamp Control mode found on the Setting menu.
NOTE: Your old Sanyo POA-LMP132 (service parts no 610 345 2456) lamp should be properly recycled. These lamps contain mercury and can’t be placed into common garbage.
For additional savings, you can replace only the POA-LMP132 bulb and keep the original lamp cage. Watch our video guide and learn how.
RESETTING THE SANYO PLC-XR201/PLC-XR251 LAMP CONTROL MODE
Resetting the lamp control mode means your projector will be able to accurately track the number of hours left in your newly installed Sanyo POA-LMP132 (service parts no 610 345 2456) lamp.
- Turn the Sanyo PLC-XR201/PLC-XR251 projector on.
- Press the Menu option to display the On-Screen Menu.
- Press Point left/right button(s) to move a red frame poster to Setting Menu icon.
- Press the black arrow point button to move the red framed pointer to the Setting Menu Icon.
- Press Point Down button to move the red frame pointer to Lamp counter reset.
- Press the Select button.
- Another confirmation dialog box appears, select YES.
- The Lamp box will disappear and the Lamp Replace Dialog box appears.
- Select YES to reset Lamp Replace Counter.
- There are two modes for Lamp life control for the Sanyo PLC-XR201/PLC-XR251 . Mode 1 lets the lamp be turned on even after exceeding the recommended total hours of use. Mode 2 lets the lamp be turned on even after exceeding the recommended total hours BUT the projector turns off automatically after 3 minutes.
- The Sanyo PLC-XE33 projector has a Lamp control that allows you to change the brightness of the screen and extend the life of your lamp. High Mode: Brighter than the Normal mode. It will shorten the lamp life using this mode. Normal Mode: Normal brightness. Eco Mode: Lowers the brightness and reduces the lamp power consumption thereby extending the lamp life.
NOTE: When you reset the Lamp Replace Counter the Lamp Replace indicator stops lighting.
Prolong the life of your new Sanyo POA-LMP132 (service parts no 610 345 2456) lamp by regular cleaning the the air filter and allowing the Sanyo PLC-XR201/PLC-XR251 projector to stand for five minutes per turning the projector off.