Replace the projector lamp immediately with lamp model Sanyo POA-LMP38 (service parts no 610 291 5868)
Follow our easy step-by-guide below for a hassle-free installation of your new Sanyo POA-LMP38 (service parts no 610 291 5868) projector lamp.
Purchase the correct projector lamp
Avoid hassles and problems with your Sanyo PLC-XP45 projector by investing in an original Sanyo POA-LMP38 (service parts no 610 291 5868) projector lamp. Knock-off lamps are created with inferior materials and are susceptible to explosions, have a shorter life span and can damage the precise components in your Sanyo PLC-XP45 projector. Installing a knock-off generic lamp also voids your warranty.
Buying an authentic projector lamp guarantees a lamp created with genuine, non-hazardous materials that was created by the original manufacturer. These lamps come with a warranty covering and are built to work properly with your projector’s sensitive mechanisms. It’s worth the few extra dollars to eliminate potential problems and be have a money back guarantee. Buy an authentic Sanyo POA-LMP38 (service parts no 610 291 5868) projector lamp and make life easier. Learn more about spotting dangerous projector lamps by reading our article: 7 tips for spotting counterfeits.
Installing the new Sanyo POA-LMP38 lamps
- Allow the Sanyo PLC-XP45 projector to thoroughly cool before changing the lamp. Turn off the projector, unplug the AC cord and allow 45 to 60 minutes for the projector to cool. These projectors operate under high heat and there is a possibility of being burned, if the projector is not fully cooled before changing the Sanyo POA-LMP38 (service parts no 610 291 5868) lamp.
- The lamp cover for the PLC-XP45 is located at the back of the projector. Turn the projector around and loosen the two screws holding the cover in place. Place the cover to one side.
- Inside you’ll find the Sanyo POA-LMP38 (service parts no 610 291 5868) lamp cage. Loosen both screws holding the lamp cage in place. Grab the lamp handle and gently lift the lamp out of its socket. Place to one side. Be sure to dispose of the used lamp through a local recycling program. Don’t throw this lamp into the regular garbage as it contains mercury.
- Taking the new Sanyo POA-LMP38 (service parts no 610 291 5868) lamp assembly by the handle place it into the slot. Avoid touching the actual bulb as the oil from your fingers can burn a black spot on the lenses or you can accidentally break the bulb. Don’t force the lamp into place — it should slide into the slot easily.
- Once the lamp is in, tighten both screws on the Sanyo POA-LMP38 (service parts no 610 291 5868) lamp assembly. Make sure the screws have been tightened properly or the Sanyo PLC-XP45 projector will not turn on.
- Replace the Lamp Cover and tighten the screw. Re-connect the power cord and turn on the Sanyo PLC-XP45 projector If the Sanyo POA-LMP38 (service parts no 610 291 5868) lamp does not turn on after the warm-up period, try re-installing the lamp.
- Reset the Lamp Replace Counter by following the instructions below.
NOTE: Your old Sanyo POA-LMP38 (service parts no 610 291 5868) lamp should be properly recycled. These lamps contain mercury and can’t be placed into common garbage.
Reset the Lamp Replace Counter
The Lamp Replace Counter for the Sanyo PLC-XP45 will track the correct age of your newly installed lamp and trigger the Lamp Replace Indicator. Failure to reset the counter may result in the projector not tracking the end of life for the Sanyo POA-LMP38 (service parts no 610 291 5868) and letting the projector inadvertently use the lamp past its normal life cycle. Your Sanyo PLC-XP45 may stop working suddenly.
NOTE: RESET the Lamp Replace Counter ONLY WHEN the lamp has been REPLACED.
- Press the MENU Button to display the MAIN MENU.
- Press the POINT LEFT/RIGHT button and scroll right to select SETTING.
- Press the SELECT button to display the SETTING DISPLAY menu.
- Press the POINT DOWN button (a red arrow will appear).
- Move the red arrow to the LAMP AGE and then press the SELECT button.
- The message “Lamp replace counter reset?” appears. Move the arrow down to YES and press the SELECT button.
- The message “OK?” appears. Click YES.
- Move the arrow to QUIT and press the SELECT button.
Extend the life of the Sanyo POA-LMP38 projector lamp
Extend the life of your newly installed Sanyo POA-LMP38 (service parts no 610 291 5868) by following these helpful tips:
- Wait at least five minutes before turning the Sanyo PLC-XP45 projector off.
- Don’t operate the projector continuously without letting it stand for at least one hour turned off every 24 hours.
- Cleaning the air filter regularly will also prolong the life of the Sanyo POA-LMP38 / Sanyo POA-LMP99 and prevent the Sanyo PLC-XP45 projector from overheating.