Change the Sharp PG-F150X projector lamp using this step-by-step guide.
Why invest in an authentic projector lamp
The Internet has been flooded with generic projector lamps claiming to be “compatible” with Sharp PG-F150X projector. For the few dollar you save, these projector lamps bring more problems to the table. Play it safe and buy an authentic Sharp PG-F150X projector lamp.
Find this lamp on Amazon sold by these authorized distributors:
- SpArc Platinum for Sharp AN-XR30LP/1 Projector Replacement Lamp with Housing
- Rangeolamps AN-XR30LP/1 replacement projector Lamp With Housing For SHARP XG-F260X
- Lutema an-xr30lp/1-l02 Sharp Replacement DLP/LCD Cinema Projector Lamp
- AuraBeam Professional Replacement Projector Lamp for Sharp AN-XR30LP/1 With Housing (Powered by Phoenix)
7 reasons to avoid generic lamps:
- – damages sensitive electronics
- – shorter lamp life than original lamps
- – no guarantee or refunds
- – no safeguards to protect your eyesight
- – created with toxic materials
- – prone to explosions
- – installing a generic lamp voids your projector’s warranty.
Invest in authentic. Don’t be fooled. How to recognize an authentic projector lamp.
Know the end of life warning signs
The Sharp PG-F150X projector uses the Sharp AN-XR30LP/1 projector lamp. Depending on usage, you can expect approximately 3,000 hours when operating on Eco Mode and 2,000 hours when on the Bright setting. At 5% life (approx 150 hours) you’ll see the projector lamp indicator start flashing red. Other end of life signs include a deteriorating picture and color quality. You can see the hours remaining for Lamp Life Status. The remaining hours will be shown on the chart Lamp Usage chart. Don’t leave replacing the projector lamp to the last minute or the lamp may explode. Here’s what to do if that happens.
Installing the projector lamp
Before replacing the Sharp AN-XR30LP/1 projector lamp follow these important safety tips:
- – Press STANDBY/ON on the projector or STANDBY on the remote control to put the projector into standby mode.
- – Wait until the cooling fan stops.
- – Disconnect the power cord.
- – Unplug the power cord from the AC socket.
Turn over the Sharp PG-F150X projector onto a soft service and loosen the user service screw that holds the projector lamp cover on place. Slide the cover off away from the projector and place it to one side.
Remove the screws holding the Sharp AN-XR30LP/1 projector lamp in place. Grab the wire handle and gently pull theout.
Hold the Sharp AN-XR30LP/1 projector lamp by the handle and pull it in the direction of the arrow. DO NOT tilt it.
Take the new Sharp AN-XR30LP/1 projector lamp and align the tab on the lamp unit cover and place it while pressing the tab to close it. Be careful not to touch the actual bulb as the oil from your fingers left on the lamp will burn black holes onto the lamp that appear on screen.
Note: The used Sharp AN-XR30LP/1 projector lamp contains mercury and should be properly recycled. Don’t throw it into regular garbage.
Fasten the securing screws. Slide the lamp cage cover back on in the direction of the projector. Then tighten the user service screw.
Reset the lamp timer
To reset the Sharp PG-F150X projector lamp timer:
- – While simultaneously holding down MENU/HELP, ENTER and the down arrow on the projector.
- – Press STANDBY/ON on the projector.
“LAMP 0000H” is displayed, indicating that the lamp timer is reset
Extend the life of the PG-F150X projector lamp:
- Chose the ECO MODE mode to to dim the projector lamp and lower power consumption. This will extend the lamp life by up to 130%.
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Every 24 hours, turn off the projector and let it stand for 1 hour
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the Sharp PG-F150X projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.