Install a replacement Infocus IN114 projector lamp using this guide.
Why go with authentic
Buy an authentic replacement projector lamp and avoid the headaches associated with counterfeit lamps. Find the 6 most common problems associated with counterfeits at the end of this post.
Find this lamp on Amazon:
Install the replacement projector lamp
Your InFocus IN114 projector needs the InFocus SP-LAMP-069 replacement projector lamp. Follow these important safety steps BEFORE installing the replacement
- Turn off the InFocus IN114 projector and unplug the power cord.
- To avoid getting burned, let the projector fully cool before changing the lamp.
- Do not operate the projectors while any of the lamps are removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accidents.
- The projector lamp cover is found on top of the InFocus IN114 projector. Loosen the side screw of the projector lamp door. Slide the door forward and lift off. Place to one side.
- Loosen the two captive screws on the projector lamp.
- Carefully lift the lamp straight up and off of the alignment pins. Avoid pinching the projector lamp connector.
- NOTE: The InFocus SP-LAMP-069 contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle this used lamp!
- Install the new lamp module by aligning the pins properly. Be sure to keep the lamp connector free so it doesn’t get pinched.
- Tighten the screws. NOTE: If the pins have not been aligned properly, the screws will not tighten securely.
- Align the hinges on the lamp door with the projector. Place the projector lamp door down and lock into place. Replace the lamp door screw and tighten securely. You can now reset the projector lamp hours
Reset Lamp timer
Each time you change the InFocus IN114, you’ll need to reset the lamp timer so the projector can track the number of hours the InFocus SP-LAMP-069 has been used. To reset the timer:
- Plug in the InFocus IN114 power cord.
- Press the Power button to turn the InFocus IN114 projector back on.
- Navigate to the Advanced Menu > Status/Service menu.
- Select Reset Lamp Hours. Press Enter.
- Hour will be reset to zero.
Tips for longer lamp life
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the InFocus IN114 and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life
Top reasons to avoid counterfeit lamps:
- inferior parts
- prone to explosions
- may end up costing due to shorter lamp life
- needlessly exposes you to toxic materials
Buy from a legitimate source to keep your projector under warranty and working properly.