Install a new ASK C50 projector lamp
Iit’s time to change the ASK C50 projector lamp LED light is blinking red. You may also notice a “Change Lamp” message on screen when you start up the ASK C50 projector.
The maximum time for the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-007 lamp is 2,000 hours and when it reaches this limit the projector will shut off. Track the amount of time left by using the ABOUT menu option found on the MAIN menu.
Choose a genuine lamp
The first step towards changing your ASK C50 projector lamp is to go with an original lamp from an OEM manufactutuer. Generic compatible lamps are advertised as great bargains but in fact cost more in the long run when you factor in the shorter lamp life and various problems. Copycat manufacturers have neither the technology or the correct parts to create an ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-007 lamp that will work properly with your ASK C50 projector.
Knock-off lamps susceptible to explosions and can damage the precise components in your ASK Proxima DP-6500X projector. Installing a knock-off generic lamp also voids your warranty. An additional worry are the toxic chemicals used by copy-cat manufacturers such as carcinogenic Krypton-85 to duplicate the designs they are stealing. There are a lot of generic lamps posing as real so protect yourself and learn the 7 tips for spotting counterfeits.
Buy this lamp on Amazon from the following authorized dealers:
- SpArc Bronze for Ask Proxima SP-LAMP-007 Projector Replacement Lamp with Housing
- Brand New SP-LAMP-007 Projector Replacement Lamp with New Housing for Ask Proxima Projectors
- Original Philips Projector Lamp Replacement for Ask Proxima SP-LAMP-007 (Bulb Only)
- Original Osram Projector Lamp Replacement with Housing for Ask Proxima SP-LAMP-007
- Lutema Economy for Ask Proxima SP-LAMP-007 Projector Lamp with Housing
Replacing the lamp
1. Turn off the ASK C50 and unplug the power cord. NEVER operate the projector with the lamp door removed and this will cause the projector to overheat and the lamp to break. Wait 60 minutes for the ASK C50 to cool thoroughly. The projector operates at a high temperature and there is a danger of burning if the projector is not cool enough.
2. Turn the C50 projector upside down. Remove the lamp cover by pressing the tab forward towards the lens.
3. Loosen the three screws holding the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-007 lamp in place.
4. Grab the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-007 lamp by the two indents and carefully lift it out of the projector. Place it to one side.
NOTE: Be sure to properly recycle your used ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-007 lamps. These lamps contain mercury so can’t be placed into regular garbage.
5. Tighten the three screws on the newly installed ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-007.
6. Slide the lamp cover back into the tabs. Plug the power cord in and press the POWER button to turn the projector back on. You are now ready to Lamp Timer.
Step 3: Resetting the Lamp Timer
Now you’ve installed a new ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-007 you’ll need to reset the LAMP TIMER so the ASK C50 projector can accurately track the lamp life. To reset the Lamp Timer:
Press the MENU button on the remote or keypad.
Use the ARROW button to scroll down to the SETTINGS menu. Press SELECT button.
Scroll down to the SERVICE option.Press the SELECT button.
Scroll down to the RESET LAMP option. Press the SELECT button.
The lamp hour will be reset to zero and track the lamp life.
Green your projector
Looking for a less expensive but more environmentally friendly option? Want more information? Watch our step-by-step video on replacing just the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-007 bulb instead of the entire lamp housing.