When the red indicator (found beside the lens) lights up, it’s time to replace the ASK Impression A8 projector lamp.
Wondering how many hours are left with the ASK LAMP-001? The hours can be found on the Main Menu under HELP, ABOUT.
Buying the right lampBe sure to install the proper type of ASK LAMP-001 lamp. Even though they are cheaper in price, avoid buying generic knock-offs or lamps advertised as “compatible.” These lamps are prone to explosion and have been created using toxic substances such as Krypton-85.
Using a counterfeit generic lamp may result in poor illumination as well as malfunction of the sensitive components in your projector.
Installing a generic lamp will also void any warranty for your ASK Proxima Impression A8 projector. Go with an authentic ASK LAMP-001 OEM lamp sold by a dependable seller. Learn the 7 Ways to spot a counterfeit lamp.
Replacing the ASK LAMP-001 lamp
Replace the ASK LAMP-001 immediately when the lamp replacement indicator blinks red.
1. Allow the ASK Impression A8 projector to cool down before replacing the ASK LAMP-001
2. Disconnect the power cord before opening the ASK Proxima Impression A8 lamp lid, found on the bottom of. the Impression A10 projector.
3. Unscrew the lamp lid. Once the lid has been opened, a safety switch will cut off the power supply to the lamp completely.
4. Unscrew the lamp holder.
5. Unfold the handles on the ASK LAMP-001 lamp.
6. Pull out the old lamp cage.
7. Gently insert the new ASK LAMP-001 lamp all the way into the projector until it clicks into place.
8. Tighten the screw on the new lamp.
9. Fold the handle on the new lamp.
10. Place the lid back on and tighten the screw holding it in place.
You’re ready to reset the lamp timer on the ASK Impression A8.
Be sure to dispose of the used ASK LAMP-001 lamp through a local recycling program. Don’t throw this lamp into regular garbage as it contains mercury.
Resetting the lamp timer
You’ll need to reset the lamp timer on the ASK Impression A8 in order to ensure the correct time is displayed.
To reset the lamp timer:
1. Go to OPTIONS on the main menu.
2. Scroll down to choose SERVICE. Press ENTER.
3. Scroll down to select LAMP TIMER RESET. Press ENTER.
Clean the air filters regularly to keep the projector from overheating and prolong the lamp life.
Need more help? Watch our step-by-step video on replacing only the bare ASK LAMP-001 bulb instead of the entire lamp housing.
ASK LAMP-001 is also sold under the following parts: