This guide shows how to install a new 3M X26i projector lamp
When it’s time to change the 3M X26i projector lamp you may notice the colors on screen are faded or distorted. Invest in authentic
Invest in an authentic and look for the seal of approval before buying your projector lamp. Scroll down for more information on why you should avoid counterfeit lamps.
Find this lamp on Amazon sold by:
- eWorldlamp 3M 78-6972-0106-5 high quality Projector Lamp Original Bulb with housing Replacement for 3M X21i X26i
- 78-6972-0106-5 3M Projector Lamp Replacement. Projector Lamp Assembly with High Quality Genuine Original Philips UHP Bulb Inside.
Replacing the projector lamp
Your 3M X26i projector uses the 3M 78-6972-0106-5 projector lamp. Be sure to follow these important safety steps before installing a new projector lamp:
- Step 1: Unplug the projector.
- Step 2: Wait until the projector is cool to the touch before removing the lamp. This projector works at a high temperatures and you can get badly burned if you try to replace the lamp before the cool down.
- Step 3: Loosen the lamp cover screw (marked by an arrow on the side or the projector). Remove the cover. Place it to one side.
- Step 4: Unscrew the two projector lamp screws (marked by arrows) . Grab the lamp handle. projector lamp or it may break. Learn how to do a proper clean up if the lamp breaks or explodes.
- NOTE: The 3M 78-6972-0106-5 projector lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle this lamp.
- Insert the new 3M 78-6972-0106 projector lamp. Tighten the two screws on the new projector lamp. Being careful not to touch the actual bulb as the oil from your fingers will burn black marks when the lamp heats up.
- Re-install the 3M X26i projector lamp cover. Tighten the lamp cover screw. You are now ready to reset the lamp timer.
Reset the lamp timer
After changing the 3M 78-6972-0106- projector lamp you need to reset the lamp timer so the 3M X26i projector will turn back on. To reset:
- Turn the projector on.
- Use the LAMP TIME option on the OPTION menu.
- Press the MENU button.
- Scroll down to the ADVANCED MENU. Press ENTER.
- Scroll over the the OPTION menu. Press ENTER.
- Scroll over to the OPTION menu. Press ENTER.
- A dialogue field will appear asking to reset the lamp timer.
- Scroll over and choose OK. The lamp timer is now reset to zero.
Extend the 3M X26i projector lamp life
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the 3M X26i projector projector projector and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours. An average use of four to five hours per day will ensure longer lamp life.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life
Why avoid counterfeits
One of the best things you can do to keep your 3M X26i projector is to install an OEM projector lamp. Counterfeit lamps can create a number of problems: