Know when to replace
As the Optoma EP757 projector lamp ages you may notice the color on the screen is faded or wrong. The picture quality may also start to disintegrate. When it’s close it end of life, the automatic timer on the Optoma EP757 projector shows a warning message: “Lamp may fail soon. Replacement Suggested.” Replace the Optoma EP757 projector lamp as soon as possible. Don’t wait or the bulb may explode inside the projector.
Buy the correct lamp
There are lots of choices out there for buying your Optoma BL-FU200A (SP.83601.001C) lamp but to keep your Optoma EP757 projector working properly, you’ll need to invest in an authentic lamp. Since selling online has few regulations, it’s easy to get duped into buying an inferior knock-off lamp posing as an authentic one. If the price seems too good to be true, the lamps is not authentic. Generic lamps have a much shorter life and often use toxic chemicals as substitutes causing them to be prone to overheat and explode. Remember that generic lamps are NOT properly calibrated to work with the sensitive electronics in projectors and installing can void the guarantee on our Optoma EP756 projector.
Buy this lamp on Amazon from the following authorized dealers:
Install the Optoma BL-FU200A lamp
Follow these important safety tips before changing the Optoma BL-FU200A (SP.83601.001C) lamp:
- Switch off the power to the projector by pressing the Power/Standby button.
- Allow the projector to cool down for at least 30 minutes. If should be cool to the touch. These projectors run using high temperatures and you can burn yourself badly if you don’t allow the projector to cool down.
- Turn off the main switch.
- Disconnect the power cord.
Step 1: Find a soft surface and turn over the projector. Use a screwdriver to loosen the two screws holding the lamp cover in place. Make sure you have followed the safety tips before taking the cover off. The Optoma EP757 projector should be cool to the touch.
Step 2: Remove the lamp cover and place to one side. Don’t lose the screws to the cover as the Optoma EP757 projector will not turn back on until the lamp cover has been properly installed.
Step 3: Remove both screws holding the Optoma BL-FU200A (SP.83601.001C) lamp in place.
NOTE: This lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle your used lamps!
Step 4: Lift the wire handle on the Optoma BL-FU200A (SP.83601.001C) lamp and gently remove it from the projector. Be careful not to hit the lamp or you can cause it to break. What to do when the lamp breaks.
- Take the new Optoma BL-FU200A (SP.83601.001C) lamp out of its packaging and lift the handle on the lamp. Gently place it into the projector making sure not to touch the actual bulb. Oil from fingerprint marks can burn black spots onto the lamp when it heats up.
- Tighten the screws on the lamp.
- Close the lid. Tighten the cover screws.
- You are now ready to reset the lamp timer.
Reset the Optoma EP757 lamp timer
Your Optoma EP757 comes equipped with an automatic lamp timer that tracks the number of hours left for the Optoma BL-FU200A lamp. Each time you change the lamp you need to reset the lamp timer. Failure to do so may cause the projector to use the lamp over the recommended period of time resulting in the lamp exploding.
- Press the Menu button to open the On-Screen-Data (OSD) menu.
- Press the right/left arrow button to move to the Management menu.
- Press the right/left arrow button button to move down to Lamp Reset.
- Press the right arrow or Enter button to enter Status menu.
- Press the up/down arrow button to move down to Lamp Hour Reset.
- Press the right arrow or Enter button to select Reset option.
- Press the down button, then up button, then left button, then right button.
- The Status menu appears again showing the Lamp Hours reset to zero.