Follow our quick guide for replacing the BenQ 60.J3503.CB1 projector lamp in the BenQ PB8230 projector.
The importance of authentic lamps
When it’s time to replace the BenQ 60.J3503.CB1 projector lamp in your BenQ PB8230 the LED on the projector light reds and reminder messages appear.
You can expect up to 3000 hours with your projector lamp as long as you buy an authentic OEM projector lamp. These BenQ 60.J3503.CB1 projector lamps are superior to generic lamps currently sold at discount prices on the Internet.
At first glance generic compatible lamps seem like an incredible bargain. But when you factor in their shorter life spans and poor illumination along with other problems, these projector lamps actually end up costing more in the long run. These lamps are prone to explosion and have been created using toxic substances such as Krypton-85. Using a counterfeit generic lamp will also void any warranty for your BenQ PB8230 projector.
How to Replace the BenQ 60.J3503.CB1 projector lamp
Before installing: Disconnect the power cord and allow the projector to cool for one hour before replacing the lamp. The BenQ PB8230 projector operates under high heat and can cause burns if it’s not cooled down enough.
- The lamp lid for the BenQ PB8230 is found on the bottom of the projector. Be sure to protect the top of the projector before turning it over to access the BenQ 60.J3503.CB1 projector lamp.
- Loosen the screw holding the BenQ PB8230 lamp cover in place.
- Remove the BenQ PB8230 projector lid and place it to one side.
- Remove the screw holding the BenQ 60.J3503.CB1 projector lamp in out of the projector. Be sure to dispose of the used BenQ 60.J3503.CB1 projector lamp through a local recycling program. Don’t throw this lamp into regular garbage as it contains mercury.
- Inset the new BenQ 60.J3503.CB1 projector lamp all the way into the BenQ PB8230 unit.
- Tighten the screws holding the BenQ 60.J3503.CB1 projector lamp in place.
- Replace the lid on the BenQ PB8230. You’re now ready to reset the lamp timer.
NOTE: The BenQ 60.J3503.CB1 projector lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle your used lamps! If you bought from an authentic manufacturer they will recycle the lamp for you at no extra cost (another reason to buy authentic lamps!
Resetting the projector lamp timer
In order for the BenQ PB8230 to correctly track the projector lamp life of your newly installed BenQ 60.J3503.CB1 projector lamp, you’ll need to reset the lamp timer.
- Press the Exit button on the projector for 3 seconds to display the total used lamp time.
- Press the MENU button on the projector during the lamp hour message.
- An adjustment message will appear.
- Press the arrows to reset lamp hours to zero. Press EXIT to leave.
Extending the life of the BenQ 60.J3503.CB1 projector lamp
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Use the Lamp Power option on the BenQ PB8230 and set to Economic Mode to reduce the amount of power used but extend lamp life.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.
Alternative for the projector lamp
Interested in saving some money and making your projector more eco-friendly? Consider just replacing the BenQ 60.J3503.CB1 projector lamp bulb and re-using the existing lamp cage. You reduce waste and save money. Watch our video to learn more.