How to replace the ASK C2 Compact/C6 Compact projector lamp
Follow our 3-step guide to install a replacement ASK C2 Compact/C6 Compact projector lamp.
Lamp Replacement Warnings
The ASK C2 Compact/C6 Compact makes it easy to know when the ASK LAMP-013 is approaching end of life.
One of the first indications that it’s time for new lamp is the ALARM lighting up red on the ASK C2 Compact/C6 Compact projector. This is an indication that the lamp is approaching end of life.
When it’s time to replace the ASK LAMP-013 you may also see a warning icon on the ASK C2 Compact/C6 Compact screen. Replace the lamp immediately to avoid any risk of the lamp exploding.
Step One: Buying the correct lamp
It’s important to install a genuine ASK LAMP-013 lamp. Even though they are cheaper in price, avoid buying generic knock-offs or lamps advertised as “compatible.” These lamps are prone to explosion and have been created using toxic substances such as Krypton-85.
Using a counterfeit generic lamp will void any warranty for your ASK C2 Compact/C6 Compact projector. A generic lamp can create poor illumination as well damaging the sensitive components in your projector. Knock-off lamps lack both the proper components and workmanship to ensure your projector is working at its peak. Learn how to spot a counterfeit lamp.
Buy this lamp on Amazon from the following authorized dealers:
Lutema Economy for Ask Proxima LAMP-013 TV Lamp (Bulb Only)
Lutema Platinum for Ask Proxima SP-LAMP-013 Projector Lamp (Original Philips Bulb)
Original Philips Projector Lamp Replacement for Ask Proxima LAMP-013 (Bulb Only)
STEP TWO: Replacing the lamp
- Disconnect the power cord and allow the projector to cool for one hour before replacing the lamp. The ASK C2 Compact/C6 Compact operates under high heat and can cause burns.
- The lamp lid for the ASK C2 Compact/C6 Compact is found on the bottom of the projector. Be sure to protect the top of the projector before turning it over to access the ASK C2 Compact/C6 Compact lamp.
- Unscrew the three safety screws holding the ASK LAMP-013 lamp holder in place.
- Gently grab the lamp holder and pull the ASK LAMP-013 out of the projector. Be sure to dispose of the used ASK LAMP-013 lamp through a local recycling program. Don’t throw this lamp into regular garbage as it contains mercury.
- Inset the new ASK LAMP-013 lamp all the way into the ASK C2 Compact/C6 Compact unit. Tighten the three screws that hold the ASK LAMP-013 lamp in place. You’re now ready to reset the lamp timer.
STEP THREE: Resetting the lamp timer
In order for the ASK C2 Compact/C6 Compact to correctly track the lamp life of your newly installed ASK LAMP-013 lamp, you’ll need to reset the timer.
To reset the lamp timer:
- Open the MENU system.
- Scroll down to BASIC. Press ENTER.
- Scroll down to ADVANCED. Press ENTER.
- Scroll down to SERVICE.
- Click on LAMP TIMER RESET.
- Click on YES.