Install a new ASK C1 Compact/C5 Compact projector lampFollow this guide to a replace the ASK C1 Compact/C5 Compact projector lamp.
Lamp Replacement Warnings
When it’s time to replace the ASK LAMP-013 you’ll notice a warning icon on the ASK C1 Compact/C5 Compact screen. Replace the lamp immediately to avoid any risk of the lamp exploding.
The ALARM signal on top of the projector will also light RED when it’s time to replace the ASK LAMP-013 in your ASK C1 Compact/C5 Compact.
Go with authentic lamps
It’s important to install the correct ASK LAMP-013 lamp. Educate yourself and learn how to spot a counterfeit lamp. Generic lamps often advertised as “compatible” should be avoided since they can be dangerous. Since they are manufactured with inferior parts these knockoff lamps are prone to explosion and have been created using toxic substances such as Krypton-85.
Not only will these counterfeit generic lamp compromise your health and safety, installing one will void any warranty for your ASK CI Compact projector. Spend the few extra dollars for a genuine OEM lamp that guarantees proper components and workmanship to ensure your projector is working at its peak. You’ll also be getting a lamp with a warranty that you’ll be able to return. Most legitimate resellers of these lamps also offer customer service help should you experience any difficulties when installing the ASK LAMP-013. Go with authentic.
Buy this lamp on Amazon from the following authorized dealers:
Lutema Economy for Ask Proxima LAMP-013 TV Lamp (Bulb Only)
Lutema Platinum for Ask Proxima SP-LAMP-013 Projector Lamp (Original Philips Bulb)
Original Philips Projector Lamp Replacement for Ask Proxima LAMP-013 (Bulb Only)
Replacing the lamp
1. Disconnect the power cord and allow the projector to cool for one hour before replacing the lamp. The ASK C1 Compact/C5 Compact operates under high heat and can cause burns.
2. The lamp lid for the ASK C1 Compact/C5 Compact is found on the bottom of the projector. Be sure to protect the top of the projector before turning it over to access the ASK C1 Compact/C5 Compact lamp.
3. Unscrew the three safety screws holding the ASK LAMP-013 lamp holder in place.
4. Gently grab the lamp holder and pull the ASK LAMP-013 out of the projector. Be sure to dispose of the used ASK LAMP-013 lamp through a local recycling program. Don’t throw this lamp into regular garbage as it contains mercury.
5. Inset the new ASK LAMP-013 lamp all the way into the ASK C1 Compact/C5 Compact unit. Tighten the three screws that hold the ASK LAMP-013 lamp in place. You’re now ready to reset the lamp timer.
Reset the lamp timer
In order for the ASK C1 Compact/C5 Compact to correctly track the lamp life of your newly installed ASK LAMP-013 lamp, you’ll need to reset the timer.
- Open the MENU system.
- Scroll down to BASIC. Press ENTER.
- Scroll down to ADVANCED. Press ENTER.
- Scroll down to SERVICE.
- Click on LAMP TIMER RESET.
- Click on YES.