Watch your hours
When you see the power LED flashing 5 times consecutively it’s time to replace the Vivitek D950HD projector lamp. Other warning signs include a faded picture on screen or a image with strange colours. You can check the lamp hours from the SETUP/Advanced Menu.
Invest in an authentic projector lamp!
Be sure the purchase an authentic projector lamp and avoid the temptation counterfeit lamps with their bargain prices. These lamps have been manufactured with toxic and dangerous substitutes. Bargain prices can’t compensate for a shorter lamp life. As well as being prone to explosions, counterfeits also can’t be properly calibrated to work with your Vivitek D950HD projector. You’ll also make your projector warranty void installing one. Go with an authenticVivitek D950HD projector lamp.
Replace the projector lam
Your Vivitek D950HD projector uses the Vivitek 5811116617-S projector lamp. Before changing the projector lamp do the following safety steps:
- Reduce the risk of electrical shock by disconnecting the power cord on the Vivitek D950HD projector.
- Reduce the risk of severe burns by allowing the projector to cool for at least 45 minutes.
- Remove the two captive screw holding the lamp cover place.
- Remove the lamp compartment cover
- Remove the two screws holding the Vivitek D950HD projector lamp in place.
- Remove the Vivitek 5811116617-S. Pulling too quickly can cause the bulb to shatter.
- NOTE: Don’t throw the Vivitek 5811116617-S projector lamp into regular garbage! Since it contains mercury, this lamp must be properly recycled.
- Insert the new Vivitek 5811116617-S projector lamp into the projector making sure it’s properly aligned.
- Tighten the two screws.
- Replace the projector lamp cover and tighten the screw.
- Note: Be sure the lamp module is sitting securely in place and the lamp connector is connected properly before tightening the screws.
- You are now ready to reset the lamp timer.
Resetting the Lamp Hour Timer
It’s important to only reset the lamp timer when a new Vivitek 5811116617-S projector lamp has installed into the Vivitek D950HD projector. Resetting the lamp timer without changing the lamp can make it work beyond its recommended hours and cause harm to your projector.
- Go to the SETUP/Advanced Menu
- Press the MENU button to open the On ScreenDisplay menu.
- Press the left-right cursor button to move to the SETUP/Advanced Menu
- Press the left-right cursor button to move to the LAMP MENU.
- Press the MENU to reset the Lamp Hour after the lamp is replaced to reset the lamp hours to zero.
Extending the life of the Vivitek 5811116617-S projector lamp:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Use the Lamp Power option on the Vivitek D950HD projector and set to Eco Mode to reduce the amount of power used but extend lamp life.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.