Install a ASK A6 Compact projector lamp
The ASK A6 Compact projector lampshas between 1500 to 2500 hours of lamp life, depending on usage and maintenance. A warning message
When it’s time to replace the ASK LAMP-013 in your ASK A6 Compact a warning message will appear on screen and the ALARM indicator located on the right side of the projector will flash red.
STEP ONE: Buy the right lamp
It’s important to install the correct ASK LAMP-013 lamp. Generic lamps often advertised as “compatible” lamps should be avoided since they are usually manufactured with inferior parts with little concern for safety. These knockoff lamps are prone to explosion and have been created using toxic substances such as Krypton-85.
Not only will these counterfeit generic lamp compromise your health and safety, installing one will void any warranty for your ASK A6 Compact projector. Spend the few extra dollars for a genuine OEM lamp that guarantees proper components and workmanship to ensure your projector is working at its peak. You’ll also be getting a lamp with a guarantee that you’ll be able to return should there be any problems. Educate yourself and learn how to spot a counterfeit lamp.
Buy this lamp on Amazon from the following authorized dealers:
Lutema Economy for Ask Proxima LAMP-013 TV Lamp (Bulb Only)
Lutema Platinum for Ask Proxima SP-LAMP-013 Projector Lamp (Original Philips Bulb)
Original Philips Projector Lamp Replacement for Ask Proxima LAMP-013 (Bulb Only)
STEP TWO: Replacing the lamp
1. Disconnect the power cord before opening the ASK A6 Compact lamp lid. The projector should be cool to the touch before changing the lamp.
2. Press the snap lock and lift up to remove the ASK A6 Compact lamp lid. A safety switch will cut off power supply to the ASK LAMP-013 lamp completely.
3. Unscrew the two safety screws holding the ASK LAMP-013lamp holder in place. Fold out the handle and pull out the old lamp holder. Be sure to dispose of the used ASK LAMP-013 lamp through a local recycling program. Don’t throw this lamp into regular garbage as it contains mercury.
4. Inset the new lamp all the way into the ASK A6 Compact projector until it stops.
5. Fold the handle back in. Tighten the two screws holding the ASK LAMP-013 lamp in place.
6. Snap the lamp lid back onto the projector. You’re now ready to reset the lamp timer.
STEP THREE: Reset the lamp timer
To reset the lamp timer on the ASK A6 Compact projector:
- Open the MENU system.
- Scroll down to OPTIONS. Press ENTER.
- Scroll down to SERVICE. Press ENTER.
- Click on LAMP TIMER RESET.
- Click on YES.
The system will now recognize the new lamp and begin counting the lamp life of the newly installed lamp.