Follow our 3-step guide to a new BenQ 5J.J2C01.001 projector lamp for your BenQ MP611 projector.
You can expect up to 4,000 hours from the BenQ 5J.J2C01.001. When the BenQ 5J.J2C01.001 lamp is approaching end of life the BenQ MP611 projector’s lamp indicator will light red. At the same time warning messages will appear on screen.
Watch for the following warning signs on the screen of the BenQ MP611 so you’ll know when it’s time to replace the BenQ 5J.J2C01.001 light.
First Warning: The BenQ 5J.J2C01.001 lamp has been in operation for 3000 hours. Replace the lamp soon so the BenQ MP611 projector will continue to work at optimum levels.
Second Warning: The BenQ 5J.J2C01.001 lamp has been in operation for 3950 hours. Replace the lamp as soon as possible to keep the BenQ MP611 projector working at optimum levels.
Third warning: The BenQ 5J.J2C01.001 lamp has been in operation for 4000 hours. You’ll see this message for 30 seconds along with the LAMP indicator lighting up red for 30 seconds. Replace the lamp immediately.
Final warning: You’re out of time! The BenQ 5J.J2C01.001 has reached end of life. The projector will shutdown in 30 seconds. The lamp MUST be replaced immediately before the BenQ MP611 projector will turn back on.
Although generic lamps seem like a bargain, you should avoid knock-off “compatible” lamps. You get what you pay for and in the case of generic lamps it’s usually a long list of problems.
Always invest in a genuine BenQ 5J.J2C01.00 lamp in order to keep your BenQ MP611 projector working. Your original manufacturer (OEM) has created these lamps to fit your BenQ projector and keep the sophisticated components working properly.
While generic lamps may be sold at discount prices, their inferior workmanship and cheap materials often result in damage to the interior of projectors. They are also prone to explosions which can release toxic heavy metals into the air as well as damage your projector beyond repair.
Read more about the 7 Ways to Spot a Counterfeit Lamp.
Looking for a less expensive option but more eco-friendly option? Want more information? Watch our step-by-step video on replacing only the BenQ 5J.J2C01.001 bulb instead of the entire lamp housing.
Installing the new BenQ 5J.J2C01.001 lamp
Before changing the lamp:
- Reduce the risk of electrical shock by disconnecting the power cord on the BenQ MP611 projector.
- Reduce the risk of severe burns by allowing the projector to cool for at least 45 minutes.
- The lamp cover is found on the bottom of the projector. Turn the projector over onto soft surface to protect the top of the projector. Loosen the two screws holding the BenQ MP611 lamp cover in place. (Use a magnetic screwdriver to make the whole process easier.)
- Remove the lamp cover and place it to one side.
- Remove the BenQ 5J.J2C01.001 lamp cords from the slots.
- Disconnect the BenQ 5J.J2C01.001 lamp connector by pushing it
against the projector while pulling it up.
- Loosen the screw on the BenQ 5J.J2C01.001 lamp. Be sure not to loose the screw as the projector will not turn on unless the lamp is properly secured into the projector. Using a magnetic-head screwdriver will ensure you don’t accidentally drop the screw into the projector!
- Click up the wire handle and gently pull out the BenQ 5J.J2C01.001 lamp. Pulling too quickly can cause the bulb to shatter. Learn what to do should the bulb shatter.
- Insert the new BenQ 5J.J2C01.001 lamp making sure the handle is fully locked.
- Tighten the lamp screw. Re-connect the BenQ 5J.J2C01.001 lamp connectors to the BenQ MP611 projector.
- Re-install the BenQ MP611 lamp cover and tighten the screw.
- Reset the total lamp hour timer.
NOTE: The BenQ 5J.J2C01.001 lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle your used lamps! If you bought from an authentic manufacturer they will recycle the lamp for you at no extra cost (another reason to buy authentic lamps!
Reset the Lamp Hour Timer
It’s important to only reset the lamp timer when the BenQ 5J.J1S01.001 lamp has been replaced. Resetting the lamp timer without changing the BenQ 5J.J1S01.001 lamp can cause significant harm to your BenQ MP611 projector.
- Press and hold the Exit 5 button on the BenQ MP611 projector for 5 seconds to display the total used lamp time.
- Press Auto on the projector or on the remote control to reset the Lamp Hour to “0”.
- Wait about 5 seconds to let the on screen display (OSD) disappear.
- Only reset the Lamp Hour when a new lamp has been installed in order that the life BenQ 5J.J1S01.001 can be properly tracked and prevent the projector shutting down unexpectedly.
Extending the life of the BenQ 5J.J2C01.001 lamp:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Use the Lamp Power option on the BenQ MP611 projector and set to Economic Mode to reduce the amount of power used but extend lamp life.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.