BEFORE INSTALLATION: Buying the correct lamp
Invest in an authentic Sanyo POA-LMP53 (610 303 5826) and avoid the temptation to buy a cheaper priced lamp. These bargain lamps are usually counterfeit lamps and use inferior parts that can damage your projector. They may end up costing you more in the long run. Authentic lamps have been manufactured with reliable parts that work with the sensitive mechanisms in your Sanyo PLC-XU40 projector. These authentic lamps come with a guarantee and won’t make your projector’s warranty invalid. Learn more with our article 7 tips for spotting counterfeits.
REPLACING THE SANYO POA-LMP53 (610-303-5826). LAMP ASSEMBLY
1. Turn off the projector and unplug the AC cord. Allow the Sanyo PLC-XU40 projector to cool to the touch. This can take between 45 to 60 minutes. Don’t open the projector when its still hot since these machines operate under high temperatures and you can burn yourself.
2. The lamps cover for the Sanyo PLC-XU40 is at the back of the projector. Loosen the two screws holding the cover in place. Place the cover to one side.
3. Inside you’ll find the Sanyo POA-LMP53 (service part no 610 303 5826). lamp cage. Loosen both screws holding the lamp cage in place. Grab the handle on the lamp cage and gently lift the lamp out of its socket. Place to one side. Be sure to dispose of the lamp properly through a local recycling program.
4. Take the new Sanyo POA-LMP53 (610 303 5826) lamp cage by the handle—avoid touching the lamp surface as oil from your fingers can cause black spots to appear when the projector is turned on. Gently maneuver the lamp into place. Don’t force the lamp as this may damage it.
5. Once the lamp is in, tighten all both screws on the Sanyo POA-LMP53 Lamp Assembly. Make sure the screws have been tightened properly or the Sanyo PLC-XU40 projector will not turn on. Replace the Lamp Cover and tighten the screw.
6. Re-connect the power cord and turn on the Sanyo PLC-XU40. If the lamp does not turn on after the warm-up period, try re-installing the lamp. Reset the lamp hour using the Lamp Control counter found on the Setting menu.
NOTE: Your old lamp should be properly recycled. These lamps contain mercury and can’t be placed into common garbage.
RESETTING THE SANYO PLC-XU40 LAMP REPLACE COUNTER
You need to reset the Lamp replace counter so the Lamp Notification system will have the same timeline as the newly installed Sanyo POA-LMP53 (service part no 610 303 5826) lamp.
NOTE: RESET the Lamp Replac eCounter ONLY WHEN the lamp has been REPLACED.
- Press the MENU Button to display the MAIN MENU.
- Press the POINT LEFT/RIGHT button and scroll right to select SETTING.
- Press the SELECT button to display the SETTING DISPLAY menu.
- Press the POINT DOWN button (a red arrow will appear)
- Move the red arrow to the LAMP AGE and then press the SELECT button.
- The message “Lamp replace counter reset?” appears. Move the arrow down to YES and press the SELECT button.
- The message “OK?” appears. Click on YES.
- Move the arrow to QUIT and press the SELECT button.
Extend the life of the Sanyo POA-LMP53 (610-303-5826) projector lamp
Extend the life of your newly installed Sanyo POA-LMP53 (service part no 610 303 5826) by following these helpful tips:
- Wait at least five minutes before turning the Sanyo PLC-XU40 projector off.
- Don’t operate the projector continuously without letting it stand for at least one hour turned off every 24 hours.
- Cleaning the air filter regularly will also prolong the life of the Sanyo POA-LMP53 (service part no 610 303 5826) and prevent the Sanyo PLC-XU40 from overheating.