Learn how to replace the Canon LV-8235 projector lamp.
Invest in authentic
When it’s time to replace the Canon LV-8235 projector lamp you’ll see a lamp replacement icon appear on screen and the LAMP REPLACE indicator will show yellow. Replace the lamp immediately and don’t wait.
Be sure to always install an authentic Canon LV-8235 projector lamp. Avoid counterfeits — even if the price seems like a great deal in the long wrong it will cost you more. Most counterfeit lamps have:
- shorter life
- no safety guards to protect your eyesight,
- are prone to explosions inside projectors
- can damageyour projector optics beyond repair
- have carcinogenic materials
Find this lamp at Amazon from these authorized dealers:
- 275 Watt Lamp for LV-8235 Ust,replacement Lamp LV-LP36
- Canon LVLP36 Projector Assembly with High Quality Original Bulb
Install the projector lamp
Your Canon LV-8235projector uses the Canon LV-LP36 projector lamp. Before changing the projector lamp follow these important safety procedures:
- Unplug the electrical cord on the Canon LV-8235 so there is no chance the projector could get turned on during the installation.
- The Canon LV-8235 operates under high temperatures so give it at least one hour to cool down before opening the projector to change the projector lamp.
- Loosen the screw holding the Canon LV-8235 projector lamp cover in place. Place the cover aside.
- Loosen the two screws on the projector lamp and slowly pull out the Canon LV-LP36 projector lamp assembly by using the built in handle.
- NOTE: The used Canon LV-LP36 contains mercury and should be properly recycled. Don’t throw it into regular garbage.
- Replace the lamp assembly with a new Canon LV-LP36 projector lamp. Be careful not to touch the actual bulb as oil from your fingers can leave black marks on the lamp.
- Tighten the two screws on the lamp.
- Put back the lamp cover and tighten its two screws.
- You are now ready to reset the lamp time.
Resetting the lamp timer counter
After replacing the Canon LV-8235 projector lamp, you’ll need to turn off the LAMP REPLACE indicator by resetting the LAMP REPLACE COUNTER in the Canon LV-S2. This counter tracks the number of hours the lamp has been used by the Canon LV-S1 and triggers the warning light when the lamp is reaching its end of life. Not resetting it after may stop your projector from turning back on.
- Turn the projector on and press the MENU.
- Using the arrow buttons, scroll down to SETTING menu icon. Press OK.
- Press the up/down buttons, move to the LAMP COUNTER option.
- Press OK to open up as the LAMP COUNTER RESET.
- Click on the SET option to open a confirmation window.
- The message “Lamp replace counter reset?” is displayed.
- Click on YES.
- Press OK.
- The lamp hours will be reset to zero.
- Learn how to prolong lamp life with Top tips for extending projector lamp life.