Follow our step-by-step guide for an easy installation of your Epson EMP-810P projector lamp
The Epson EMP-810P projector lamp has an expected life of 1400 hours. You should keep an extra lamp on hand since lamp life will vary.
When it’s time to replace the Epson EMP-810P projector, you’ll notice the following warning signs:
- The lamp indicator flashes orange or lights red.
- The message “Lamp Replace” appears on the screen for 30 seconds when the projection starts.
- The user’s logo disappears on screen and the lamp replacement message appears instead.
- The images gets darker or starts to deteriorate
- Have an extra lamp on hand since some lamps may stop before 1400 hours.
Keep your projector working
Genuine Epson ELPLP15 lamp are the only lamps that will keep your Epson EMP-810P projector working at its optimum levels. These OEM authentic Epson ELPLP15 lamps have been manufactured to meet the specifications of the Epson EMP-810 projector.
Counterfeit lamps can damage the sensitive and expensive mechanisms in your Epson EMP-810P projector projector and actually have a much shorter lamp life. They are also more prone to explosions due to the inferior materials used during their production.
Look for the seal of approval and buy from an authentic manufacturer. Learn how to protect yourself from counterfeit manufacturers.
Step-by-step: Installing Epson ELPLP15 lamp
1. Turn off the projector power and wait for the cool-down period which is about two minutes. Disconnect the power cord after the two minutes is over.
2. Wait at least 30 minutes to one hour for the Epson EMP-810P projector to cool internally before opening it up. It should be cool to the touch.
NOTE: Do not operate the projectors while the lamp is removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accidents.
Use the screwdriver provided and place it into the slot so the Epson EMP-810P lamp cover lifts up. Hold the raised section of the lamp cover to slide it forward and remove it from the Epson EMP-810P projector.
Loosen the two screw holding the Epson ELPLP15 lamp in place.
Grab the two indents on the other sides of the lamp and pull from the projector. Take care not knock the actual bulb as it may break. Learn what to do should the bulb shatter.
NOTE: The Epson ELPLP15 lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle your used lamps! If you bought from an authentic manufacturer they will recycle the lamp for you at no extra cost (another reason to buy authentic lamps).
Hold the lamp so it faces the correct way and insert the Epson ELPLP15 lamp until it clicks into place. Tighten the screws.
Insert the cover tabs into the Epson EMP-810P projector. Press the other side of the cover until it clicks into place.
A spare air filters comes with this lamp and should be replaced at the same. You can also reset the lamp timer.
Resetting the Epson EMP-810P lamp timer
The lamp timer will need to be reset after replacing theEpson ELPLP15. This timer helps the Epson EMP-810P proiector to properly track the lamp life. Only reset the Epson EMP-810 lamp timer when a new Epson ELPLP15 lamp has been installed, otherwise the projector will NOT know when it’s time to replace the lamp. You run the risk of damaging your projector.
- Press the MENU button on either projector’s control panel or on the remote control.
- The MAIN MENU will be shown.
- Using the arrow keys scroll to Reset Lamp Timer from the ABOUT menu.
- Press the ENTER key.
- A second prompt screen will be displayed.
- Select YES to EXECUTE.
Press the ENTER button.
The lamp hours will be rest to zero.
How to extend the life of the Epson ELPLP15 lamp:
Extend the life of the newly installed Epson ELPLP15 with the following tips:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the Epson EMP-810P projector and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours. An average use of four to five hours per day will ensure longer lamp life.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Set the Brightness Mode to low or Econo Mode to extend lamp life.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.