Replace the ASK Proxima LAMP-026 in the ASK C60 XGA projector in 3 easy steps by following our step-by-step guide.
STEP 1: Buying the correct lamp
It’s important to purchase your ASK Proxima LAMP-026from an authorized dealer and get the best lamp for your ASK C20 SVGA projector. There are plenty of “bargain” generic lamps being sold that claim to be the same as an authentic ASK LAMP-026 lamp.
Beware of these cheaper knock-off lamps as they often turn out to be more expensive in the long run. Not only do they have a much shorter life, they produce a poor quality picture and since they are not fitted properly usually damage the sensitive mechanisms in your ASK C60 XGA projector.
Even more disturbing: Copy-cat manufacturers are using carcinogenic Krypton 85 to get the same performance as authentic lamps. Since these poor quality lamps are prone to explosions and breakage, consumers are being exposed to this toxic substance. Learn how to protect yourself against dangerous counterfeit lamps. Keep yourself and your projector safe by installing an authentic ASK Proxima LAMP-026 from a recognized reseller.
STEP 2: Install the ASK LAMP-026
There is a risk of burning yourself if you try to replace the ASK LAMP-026 before the ASK C60 XGA projector has cooled down sufficiently. Wait until the projector is cool to the touch before changing any lamps. Before starting the installation be sure unplug the AC cord.
- To access the lamp, turn over the ASK C60 XGA projector.
- Loosen the 3 screws holding the lamp in place.
- Grab the handle on the ASK Proxima LAMP-026 lamp cage and gently lift out the lamp. Place to one side.
ASK LAMP-026 lamps contains mercury and should sent to a local recycling program for proper disposal. Do not place into regular garbage.
- Take the new ASK Proxima LAMP-026 lamp. Don’t touch the bare bulb–the oil on your fingers can leave a black mark on the lamp affecting the projected image. Place the ASK Proxima LAMP-026into the projector.
- Tighten the three screws on the new ASK LAMP-026 lamp.
- You are ready to reset the Lamptimer.
STEP 3: Reset the Lamptimer
In order to properly track the lamp life of the newly installed ASK Proxima LAMP-026 in the ASK C60 XGA projector, you must reset the Lamptimer. Failure to do so may result in the lamp being used longer than it’s lamp life.
To reset the Lamptimer:
- Open the MAIN MENU. Press ENTER.
- Scroll down to the SERVICE menu. Press ENTER.
- Scroll down to the Reset lamptimer option. Press ENTER.
- The lamptimer icon will appear to show you have reset the timer.