How to replace the JVC DLA-HD1 projector lamp
When it’s time to replace the JVC DLA-HD1 projector lamp follow this guide.
Warning signs for end of lamp life
When it time to replace the JVC DLA-HD1 projector lamp the LAMP indicator will start flashing. Replace the lamp immediately. Other indications of end of lamp life can also be a poor picture, darker light or strange colors.
Lamp life is approximately 2000 hours but may vary depending on maintenance and usage.
Be sure to invest in an authentic lamp for your JVC DLA-HD1 projector lamp. This projector uses the JVC BHL-5009-S lamp. Bu sure to invest in an authentic lamp.
Five reasons to avoid counterfeit projector lamps:
- shorter lamp life than original lamps
- toxic materials and carcinogenic parts including Krypton-85
- prone to explosions
- incompatibility causing damage to the sensitive electronics in your projectors
- no guarantee or refunds
Projector lamp replacement
BEFORE replacing the lamp:
- Turn off the projector and unplug the AC cord.
- Allow the JVC DLA-HD1 projector lamp to cool for at least one hour. Don’t open the projector until it is cool to the touch. These projectors operate under high temperatures and you can run the risk of burning yourself.
- Loosen the screw holding the projector lamp cover into the projector. Place the cover to one side.
- Loosen the two screws keeping the JVC BHL-5009-S projector lamp in place. Grab wire handle and gently pull the lamp out taking care not to hit the lamp.
- Take the JVC BHL-5009-S projector lamp by the wire handle and gently pull it from the projector. NOTE: This lamp contain mercury and can’t be placed into regular garbage. Recycle this lamp.
- Place the replacement JVC BHL-5009-S into the JVC DLA-HD1 projector. Avoid touching the glass or the bulb since the oil from your fingers may cause black spots on the bulb when the projector heats up.
- Tighten the two screws on the new JVC BHL-5009-S lamp.
- Replace the JVC DLA-HD1 projector lamp cover. You’ll need to reset the Lamp Counter.
Resetting the projector lamp timer
Every time you replace the JVC DLA-HD1 projector lamp you need to reset the lamp timer to zero. Not resetting the lamp timer will result in your projector not turning back on because it thinks the old lamp has not been replaced.
To reset the lamp:
- Press the exit button on the remote control.
- Press the Enter button
- Press the Hide Button
- Press the down arrow button
- The Lamp indicator and Standby indicator will blink alternately for 3 seconds. After that, the unit switches to standby mode. The lamp timer will be reset to zero.
Tips for longer projector lamp life:
- Avoid frequent on and offs to avoid power surges.
- Don’t let the JVC DLA-HD1 projector overheat as this puts stress on the lamp. Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Let the projector stand unused for at least one hour ever 24 hours. An average use of four to five hours per day will ensure longer lamp life.
- Keep the air filters clean and free of dust so it can do its job and keep the projector lamp for overheating.