Keep track of projector lamp life
When the Epson EX5200 projector lamp is reaching end of life the projector lamp indicator will flash orange and continue flashing until the projector lamp has been changed.
The message Replace the lamp also appears on the screen. You may also the image on screen gets darker or starts deteriorate altogether. In order to maintain projector brightness and image quality, replace with a new Epson LPLP58 projector lamp as soon as possible.
The Epson EX5200 projector lamp can last for close to 4,000 hours when the power consumption is set to NORMAL and up to 5,000 hours if the ECO option is used. You can check the hours left on the ELPLP58 projector lamp from the INFO Menu access off the Main Menu.
Invest in authentic
You may be tempted to buy a cheaper generic lamp in order to save money. While these knock-off lamps appear to be a bargain, they will actually end up costing you more money in the long run since they a shorter life than original lamps and are prone to explosions. Since they are often created with created with toxic substitute parts they pose a significatnt health hazard and can damage the sensitive optics in your Epson EX5200 projector
Do yourself a favor and buy an authentic Epson ELPLP58 projector lamp from a recognized OEM dealer. When buying look for the seal of approval. Learn to spot copycat lamps posing as authentic lamps.
Find this lamp on Amazon sold by these authorized dealers:
- Epson ELPLP58 – Projector lamp – E-TORL UHE – 200 Watt – 4000 hour(s) (standard mode) / 5000 hour( –
- EPSON ELPLP58 / V13H010L58 Replacement Projector Lamp for EPSON PowerLite 1220
- Epson – Epson ELPLP58
- EPSON ELPLP58
Replacing the ELPLP58 projector lamp
Before replacing the ELPLP58 projector lamp follow these important safety rules:
- Always unplug the power cord on the Epson EX5200 projector before replacing the projector lamp.
- This projector operates using high temperature. Wait at least 60 minutes before replacing the lamp so you don’t run the risk of getting burned.
- Never touch the bare projector lamp bulb as the oil from your fingers will burn black marks onto the projector lamp when it heats up.
- Never operate the Epson EX3200 projector with the projector lamp removed.
Remove the projector lamp cover screws and place to one side.
Loosen the two screws holding the Epson ELPLP58 projector lamp in place (you can’t remove them).
Gently lift out the Epson LPLP58 projector lamp taking care not to bang it against the projector. NOTE: The LPLP58 projector lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle this lamp!
Gently insert the new Epson LPLP58 projector lamp. Make sure it fits into the Epson EX5200 projector properly. (Check that it’s facing the right way.)
Tighten the Epson LPLP58 projector lamp. You can know reset the lamp timer.
Reset the lamp timer
- Press the MENU button on the remote control or on the projector’s control panel. You see the main menu.
- Select the RESET menu. Press ENTER.
- Scroll down to select RESET LAMP HOURS. Press ENTER.
- A prompt filed appears asking if you want to reset the lamp timer. Select YES. Press ENTER.
- Press MENU to exit.
Longer life for the ELPLP58 projector lamp
Extend the life of the Epson ELPLP58 projector lamp with the following tips:
- Set the Power Consumption to ECO option.
- Clean the air filters regularly so the Epson EX5200 projector doesn’t overheat.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector.
- Turn it off when it’s not in use.
- Learn more: Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.