Replace the Vivitek H1085 projector lamp using our step-by-step instructions.
End of life
Knowing when your Vivitek H1085 projector lamp is reaching end of life is important so you can be prepared with a new lamp waiting. If you notice the Power LED light flashing five times in a row or if the onscreen picture is faded or distorted check your lamp hours. To check:
- Press the Menu button to open the on screen menu.
- Press left/right arrow keys to move button to move to the STATUS Menu.
- The LAMP HOUR field displays the number of hours the lamp has been in use.
- You can expect 2000 hours lamp life. 3000 hours if Eco Mode has been turned on.
Buy the right lamp!
Your Vivitek H1085 projector uses the Vivitek 5811116206-S projector lamp. Be sure the purchase an authentic projector lamp and avoid the temptation of a the generic lamps with their seemingly great bargain prices. There are several problems associated with generics that you want to avoid:
- shorter lamp life
- prone to explosions.
- manufactured with toxic and dangerous substitutes
- can’t be properly calibrated.
- voids your projector warranty if you install a generic.
Save yourself hassle and go an authentic Vivitek 5811116206-S lamp.
Replace the 5811116206-S projector lamp
Before changing the Vivitek 5811116206-S lamp:
- Disconnecting the power cord on the Vivitek H1085 projector.
- Reduce the risk of severe burns by allowing the projector to cool for at least 45 minutes.
- Turn the projector around to locate the lamp cover screw. Remove the captive screw holding the lamp cover place.
- Gently slide off the lamp cover and place it to one side. You will need to re-install the cover before turning on the Vivitek H1085 projector again.
- Remove the three screws holding the Vivitek 5811116206-S projector lamp in place.
- Using the wire handle, gently pull out the Vivitek 5811116206-S projector lamp. Pulling too quickly can cause the bulb to shatter. Learn how to clean up a broken lamp.
NOTE: The 5811116206-S projector lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle your used lamps!
- Lift up the wire handle on the new Vivitek 5811116206-S projector lamp and gently guide it into the H1085projector.
- Take care not to touch the actual bulb as the oil from your fingers will smudges that will burn into a black spots when the projector heats up.
- Tighten the projector lamp screw.
- Re-install the H1082 lamp cover and tighten the screw.
- Reset the total lamp hour timer.
Resetting the Lamp Hour Timer
It’s important to only reset the projector lamp timer when the Vivitek 5811116206-S lamp has been replaced. Resetting the projector lamp timer without changing the lamp can make it work beyond its recommended hours and cause harm to your Vivitek H1085 projector.
- Press the Menu button to open the OSD menu.
- Press left/right arrow keys to move to the Setup menu.
- Press up/down arrows to move to the Advanced menu
- Press Enter.
- Press the cursor up/down arrows button to Lamp Hour Reset.
- Press Enter.
- A message will appear saying the Lamp Hour has been reset to zero.
- Press the Menu button to return to the main Setup menu.
Extending the life of the Vivitek 5811116206-S lamp:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Use the Lamp Power option on the Vivitek H1085 projector and set to Eco Mode to reduce the amount of power used but extend lamp life.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.