STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS FOR SANYO PLC-SU22 LAMP REPLACEMENT
When it’s time to change your lamp on your Sanyo PLC-SU22 projector, you’ll notice the yellow light blinking on the Lamp Indicator found on the top control panel.
You’ll need a Sanyo POA-LMP21 (service parts no 610 290 6939) lamp as a replacement.
Be sure to buy an authentic Sanyo POA-LMP21 (service parts no 610 290 6939) lamp bought from a verified source. These genuine lamps have manufactured to meet the specifications of the PLC-XE40/PLC-XE45 projector. Resist the temptation to buy a cheaper POALMP21 as these generic lamps often use counterfeit parts that can damage the sensitive mechanisms in your Sanyo PLC-SU22 projector.
REPLACING THE SANYO POA-LMP 21 LAMP
- The lamp cover for the Sanyo PLC-SU22 is located at the bottom of the projector. Gently turn over the projector onto its side and loosen the screw holding the cover in place. Place the cover to one side.
- Loosen both screws holding the Sanyo POA-LMP21 (610 290 6939) lamp cage in place. Grab the lamp handle and gently lift the lamp out of its socket. Place to one side. Be sure to dispose of the lamp properly through a local recycling program.
- Take the new Sanyo POA-LMP21 (6102906939) lamp cage by the handle—avoid touching the actual bulb as this can break or damage the lamp. Without forcing the lamp, place it into the slot.
- Once the lamp is in, tighten both screws on the Sanyo POA-LMP21 (service parts no 610 290 6939) Lamp Assembly. Make sure the screws have been tightened properly or the Sanyo PLC-SU22 projector will not turn on.
- Replace the Lamp Cover and tighten the screw. Re-connect the power cord and turn on the Sanyo PLC-SU22 projector. If the Sanyo POA-LMP21 (610 290 6939) lamp does not turn on after the warm-up period, try re-installing the lamp.
- Reset the Lamp Counter Screen by following the instructions below.
NOTE: BE sure to properly recycle your used Sanyo POA-LMP21 (service parts no 610 290 6939) lamps. Since they contain mercury they can’t be placed into regular garbage.
RESETTING THE LAMP REPLACEMENT MONITOR TIMER
In order for the projector to properly track the lamp life of your Sanyo POA-LMP21 (service parts no 610 290 6939) you’ll need to reset the Lamp Replacement Monitor Timer. Failure to do so can result in the Replace Lamp Indicator not tracking the lamp life properly.
- Turn the projector on.
- Press the MENU button to access the ON-SCREEN MENU.
- Press the POINT LEFT/RIGHT button to select the SETTING menu.
- Press the SELECT button to open the SETTING MENU option.
- Press the POINT DOWN button so the red-arrow appears.
- Move down to the LAMP AGE option. Press SELECT to open the next option.
- The message “Lamp replace monitor Reset?” will be displayed.
- Click on the option YES to reset the timer.
- RESET the Lamp Replacement Monitor Timer ONLY WHEN the lamp has been REPLACED.
MAKE THE SANYO POA-LMP 21 LAMP LAST LONGER
Extend the life of your newly installed Sanyo POA-LMP21 (service parts no 610 290 6939) by following these tips:
- Wait at least five minutes before turning the Sanyo PLC-SU22 projector off.
- Don’t operate the projector continuously without letting it stand for at least one hour turned off every 24 hours.
- Cleaning the air filter regularly will also prolong the life of the Sanyo POA-LMP21 (service parts no 610 290 6939) and prevent the Sanyo PLC-SU22 from overheating.