STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS FOR SANYO PLC-SU20 LAMP REPLACEMENT
The life span for the projector lamp in a Sanyo PLC-SU20 projector depends on how much the projector is used and how often the air filter is cleaned. With proper care and maintenance, you can expect between two to three thousand hours of use.
When you are approaching end of life with your lamp, the Lamp Replacement Indicator will blink yellow. When this happens replace the lamp with a genuine Sanyo POA-LMP21 (service parts no 610 290 6939).
Be sure to purchase an authentic lamp to ensure you are getting a Sanyo POA-LMP21 (610 290 6939) that has been made to fit properly into the Sanyo PLC-SU20 projector. Installing a generic lamp can damage your projector and may cost you more in the long run.
Allow the Sanyo PLC-SU20 projector to thoroughly cool before changing the lamp. Turn off the projector, unplug the AC cord and allow 45 to 60 minutes for the projector to cool. These projectors operate under high heat and there is a possibility of being burned, if the projector is not fully cooled before changing the Sanyo POA-LMP21 (service parts no 610 290 6939) lamp.
Replacing the Sanyo POA-LMP 21 Lamp Assembly
- The lamp cover for the Sanyo PLC-SU20 is located at the bottom of the projector. Gently turn over the projector onto its side and loosen the screw holding the cover in place. Place the cover to one side.
- Loosen both screws holding the Sanyo POA-LMP21 (service parts no 610 290 6939) lamp cage in place. Grab the lamp handle and gently lift the lamp out of its socket. Place to one side.
- Be sure to dispose of the lamp properly through a local recycling program.
- Take the new Sanyo POA-LMP21 (service parts no 610 290 6939) lamp cage by the handle—avoid touching the actual bulb as this can break or damage the lamp. Without forcing the lamp, place it into the slot.
- Once the lamp is in, tighten both screws on the Sanyo POA-LMP21 (610 290 6939) Lamp Assembly. Make sure the screws have been tightened properly or the Sanyo PLC-SU20 projector will not turn on.
- Replace the Lamp Cover and tighten the screw. Re-connect the power cord and turn on the Sanyo PLC-SU20 projector If the Sanyo POA-LMP21 (6102906939) lamp does not turn on after the warm-up period, try re-installing the lamp. Reset the Lamp Replacement Monitor by following the instructions below.
NOTE: BE sure to properly recycle your used Sanyo POA-LMP21 (service parts no 610 290 6939) lamps. Since they contain mercury they can’t be placed into regular garbage.
RESETTING THE LAMP REPLACEMENT MONITOR TIMER FOR SANYO PLC-SU20 PROJECTOR
In order for the projector to properly track the lamp life of your Sanyo POA-LMP21 (service parts no 610 290 6939) you’ll need to reset the Lamp Replacement Monitor Timer. Failure to do so can result in the Replace Lamp Indicator not tracking the lamp life properly.
- Turn the Sanyo PLC-SU20 projector on.
- Press the MENU button to access the ON-SCREEN MENU.
- Press the POINT LEFT/RIGHT button to select the SETTING menu.
- Press the SELECT button to open the SETTING MENU option.
- Press the POINT DOWN button so the red-arrow appears.
- Move down to the LAMP AGE option. Press SELECT to open the next option.
- The message “Lamp replace monitor Reset?” will be displayed.
- Click on the option YES to reset the timer.
- RESET the Lamp Replacement Monitor Timer ONLY WHEN the lamp has been REPLACED.
MAKING SANYO POA-LMP21 LAMP LAST LONGER
Extend the life of your newly installed Sanyo POA-LMP21 (service parts no 610 290 6939) by following these tips:
- Wait at least five minutes before turning the Sanyo PLC-SU20 projector off.
- Don’t operate the projector continuously without letting it stand for at least one hour turned off every 24 hours.
- Cleaning the air filter regularly will also prolong the life of the Sanyo POA-LMP21 (service parts no 610 290 6939) and prevent the Sanyo PLC-SU20 from overheating.