This guide helps you replace the Acer PD322 projector lamp.
When to replace
The Acer PD322 projector automatically detects the projector lamp life and when the lamp is approaching end life a warning message appears on screen that reads: Lamp is approaching the end of its useful life in full power operation. Replacement Suggested!”
Find this lamp on Amazon sold by these authorized dealers:
- Acer America EC.J1901.001 OEM Replacement Lamp
- eWorld EC.J1901.001 Projector Orignal Lamp with Module for ACER PD322
Why buy authentic?
The Acer PD322 projector uses the Acer EC.J1901.001 projector lamp. There is many companies selling this projector lamp over the Internet. Don’t be tempted by the bargain sites offering the Acer EC.J1901.001 at low prices. These are counterfeit lamps and will cost you more in the long run.
Why avoid counterfeits? See below for a list of the associated problems with counterfeit lamps
Replacing the Acer PD322 projector lamp
Before installation follow these important safety steps:
- Turn off the Acer PD322 projector.
- Unplug the AC cord.
- These projectors operate under high temperatures and there is a risk of burning if the projector has not cooled enough. Allow the Acer PD322 to cool for one hour. It should be cool to the touch.
1. Remove the two screws from the cover.
2. Lift the cover off the projector and place it to one side.
3. Remove the two screws holding the Acer PD322 projector lamp in place.
4. Lift the wire handle on the Acer EC.J1901.001 bulb and gently pull the lamp up to remove it.
Recycle the used old Acer EC.J1901.001. Don’t place into regular garbage as it contains mercury.
To place the new lamp:
5. Take the new Acer EC.J1901.001 projector lamp using the wire handle. Avoid touching the bare bulb; the oil on your finger can leave a black mark on the lamp affecting the projected image.
6. Tighten the screws on the new projector lamp.
7. Put the lid back onto the projector. Tighten the screw holding the lid in place. Plug the AC cables back into the projector. Turn the project on so you can reset the lamp timer.
Resetting the projector lamp timer
It’s important to reset the lamp timer after replacing the projector lamp in your Acer PD322 projector. You want the projector to track how many hours the lamp has been used and send out warning messages when the Acer EC.J1901.001 projector lamp reaches end of life.
To reset the Projector Lamp timer:
- Open the MAIN MENU. Press ENTER.
- Scroll down to the MANAGEMENT menu. Press ENTER.
- Scroll down to the Lamp Hour reset option.
- Press the right arrow.
- The lamp will be reset to zero.
Extending the projector lamp life
- Use the Eco Mode for more lamp hours.
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the Acer PD322 projector.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life
Why avoid counterfeit lamps?
Counterfeit “compatible” lamps may appear to be a bargain–however generic knock-off lamps actually cost more in the long run. are NOT authentic lamps. Avoid counterfeit lamps for the following reasons:
- shorter lamp life than original lamps
- toxic materials and carcinogenic parts including Krypton-85
- prone to explosions
- incompatibility causing damage to the sensitive electronics in your projectors
- no guarantee or refunds when you buy from a reseller
Invest in authentic.