Go with authentic
Your ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 projector uses the ProjectionDesign 400-0003-00 Projector Lamp. Be sure to buy your ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 projector lamp from an authorized dealer to keep your projector working properly.
6 reasons to avoid counterfeit lamps:
- counterfeit lamps have half the life span of original lamps
- created toxic materials that can damage your health
- prone to explosions
- damage the sensitive electronics in your projectors
- installing a generic lamp voids your projector’s warranty.
Find this replacement lamp on Amazon from the following authorized dealers:
- SpArc Platinum ProjectionDesign 400-0003-00 Projector Replacement Lamp with Housing
- Lutema 400-0003-00-L02 ProjectionDesign 400-0003-00 LCD/DLP Projector Lamp, Premium
- Lutema 400-0003-00-L01 ProjectionDesign 400-0003-00 LCD/DLP Projector Lamp, Economy
End of life warning signs
When it’s time to replace the ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 projector lamp the projector lamp status indicators will turn red. Other warning signs may include a darker screen or colors that appear washed out or an deteriorating on screen image
How to replace
Before installation follow these important safety steps:
- Turn off the ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 projector and unplug the AC cord.
- These projectors operate under high temperatures and there is a risk of burning if the projector has not cooled enough. Allow the ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 to cool for one hour. It should be cool to the touch.
a. Remove the two screws from the ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 projector lamp cover.
b. Push the lamp cover down to open the projector lamp cover.
c. Turn the three screws counter clockwise to release the lamp.
d. Pull out the ProjectionDesign 400-0003-00 projector lamp.
e. Replace the new lamp into the projector. Being careful not to touch the actual bulb. Oil from your fingerprints will turn black spots onto the bulb.
Turn the three screws a quarter turn clockwise to screw the lamp.
f. Close the lamp lid.
e. Tighten the screws on the projector lamp lid.
NOTE: The ProjectionDesign 400-0003-00 projector lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle this lamp!
Resetting the projector lamp timer
The lamp timer will be set to zero when the lamp is replaced. You can also use the lamp mode found on the sub menu to switch between lamp modes.
- Use the Eco Mode for more lamp hours.
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the ProjectionDesign Action Model 3.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life