STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS FOR SANYO PLC-SP20N LAMP REPLACEMENT
If your projector Sanyo PLC-SP20N lamp no longer turns on, it needs to be replaced. If the picture is dim or looks unnatural the Sanyo POA-LMP18 (service parts no 610 279 5417) is reaching its end of life. If the Replace Lamp Indicator light on the front panel is blinking orange, you must replace the Sanyo POA-LMP18 (610 279 5417) immediately. Follow our simple step-by-step instructions to replace your lamp in the Sanyo PLC-SP20N projector easily.
The lifespan of your Sanyo POA-LMP18 (6102795417) lamp will vary depending on how much the projector is used and if the filters are cleaned regularly.
Buy your Sanyo POA-LMP18 (service parts no 610 279 5417) from an authorized manufacturer and avoid the lower-priced knock-off lamps. These counterfeit lamps are usually made with inferior parts that can damage your projector, they may end up costing you more if the damage the sensitive mechanisms in your Sanyo PLC-SP20N projector. Buying from a legitimate source keeps your projector under warranty and gives you a solid guarantee.
Looking for a less expensive option? Want more information? Watch our step-by-step video on replacing only the Sanyo POA-LMP18 (service parts no 610 279 5417) bulb instead of the entire lamp housing.
Replacing the Sanyo POA-LMP18 Lamp Assembly
NOTE: Your old Sanyo POA-LMP18 (service parts no 610 279 5417) lamp should be properly recycled. These lamps contain mercury and can’t be placed into common garbage.
RESETTING THE LAMP REPLACEMENT MONITOR TIMER FOR SANYO PLC-SP20N
In order for the projector to properly track the lamp life of your Sanyo POA-LMP18 (service parts no 610 279 5417) you’ll need to reset the Lamp Replacement Monitor Timer. Failure to do so can result in the Replace Lamp Indicator not tracking the lamp life properly.
- Press SELECT (rear click) to have the SETTING DISPLAY screen appear.
- Press the POINT DOWN button and a red arrow shows up on screen.
- Using the POINT UP/DOWN button, select the LAMP PAGE and then press SELECT.
- You’ll see the message “Lamp replace monitor reset?“
- Move the arrow to YES and press SELECT.
- OK is shown for confirmation. Press YES and then the SELECT button.
- Move the arrow QUIT and press SELECT to exit the MENU and return to the screen.
- Your newly installed Sanyo POA-LMP18 (610 279 5417) should last between 1,000 to 2,000 hours depending on usage and maintenance.
TIPS FOR EXTENDING THE SANYO POA-LMP18 LAMP
Make your newly installed Sanyo POA-LMP18 (service parts no 610 279 5417) last longer:
- Wait at least five minutes before turning the Sanyo PLC-SP20N projector off.
- Don’t operate the projector continuously without letting it stand for at least one hour turned off every 24 hours.
- Cleaning the air filter regularly will also prolong the life of the Sanyo POA-LMP18 (service parts no 610 279 5417) and prevent the Sanyo PLC-SP20N from overheating.