How to install a replacement Infocus IN1126 projector lamp
Replace the Infocus IN11264 projector lamp quickly by following this step-by-step guide.
Why go with authentic
Buy an authentic replacement projector lamp and avoid the headaches associated with counterfeit lamps. Find the 6 most common problems associated with counterfeits at the end of this post
Top reasons to avoid counterfeit lamps:
- inferior parts
- prone to explosions
- may end up costing due to shorter lamp life
- needlessly exposes you to toxic materials
Buy from a legitimate source to keep your projector under warranty and working properly.
Install the replacement projector lamp
Your InFocus IN1126 projector needs the InFocus SP-LAMP-076 replacement projector lamp. Follow these important safety steps BEFORE installing the replacement
- Turn off the InFocus IN1126 projector and unplug the power cord.
- To avoid getting burned, let the projector fully cool before changing the lamp.
- Do not operate the projectors while any of the lamps are removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accidents.
- Loosen the two captive screws on the lamp cover.
- Remove the lamp cover.
- Remove the two screws from the lamp module.
- Lift the module handle up. Pull firmly on the module handle to remove the lamp module.
- NOTE: The InFocus SP-LAMP-076 contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle this used lamp!
- Place the new lamp into the projector being sure to line it up properly. Align the lamp module with the connector and ensure it is level to avoid damage.
- Make sure the lamp is sitting securely in place and the lamp connector must be
- connected properly before tightening the screws.
- Tighten the two screws on the lamp.
- Replace the lamp cover and tighten the screws.
To reset the lamp timer:
- Press MENU
- Select INSTALLATION II/ ADVANCED. Press Enter
- Scroll down to select LAMP HOUR RESET. Press Enter
- Press the left arrow, then down arrow, then up arrow and double arrows
- Press the MENU button to get back to INSTALLATION II
Tips for longer lamp life
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the Infocus IN1126 and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life