Buying only genuine POALMP106s lamps protects your investment by ensuring you are installing a projector lamp that is guaranteed. The cheaper versions are often counterfeit models that can damage the sensitive mechanisms in your Sanyo projector.
For additional savings and an enviro-friendly option, you can just replace the Sanyo POA-LMP106 bulb and re-use the lamp cage. Learn how in our video guide: Sanyo POA-LMP106 replacement lamp housing guide.
STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS FOR LAMP REPLACEMENT
Before installation: Turn off the projector and unplug the AC cord. Allow the Sanyo PLC-SU70/PLC-XU73 projector to cool for one hour – it should be cool to the touch. Inside of the projector can be very hot since these machines operator under high temperatures.
Replacing the Sanyo POA-LMP106 (610 332 3855) lamp
Caution: Don’t touch the screen or the actual bulb with your finger since the oil from your skin can cause a black spot on the bulb.
1. Underneath the Sanyo PLC-SU70/PLC-XU73 projector you’ll find the Lamp Hazard cover. Gently turn it upside down protecting the top of the project.Using a Philips screwdriver loosen the screw holding the cover in place. Put the cover to one side.
2. Remove the two screws on either side of each the Sanyo POA-LMP106 (service parts no 610 332 3855) lamp. Grab the handle on the lamp cage and gently pull out the lamp. Place to one side. BE sure to properly recycle your used Sanyo POA-LMP106 (610-332-3855) lamps. Since they contain mercury they can’t be placed into regular garbage.
3. Take the newSanyo POA-LMP106 (service part no 610 332 3855) lamp cage by the handle and gently maneuver it into place.
4. Avoid touching the glass or the bulb. The lamp should slide in easily – don’t force it. Once the lamp is in, tighten the screws on the Lamp Assembly.
5. Replace the Lamp Hazard Cover and tighten screws.
6. Re-connect the power cord and turn on the Sanyo PLC-SU70/PLC-XU737 projector.
Resetting the Lamp Replacement counter on the Sanyo PLC-SU70/PLC-XU73 Projector
Reset the Lamp Replacement Counter only when the Sanyo POA-LMP106 (6103323855) has been replaced.
Do not operate the projectors while any of the lamps are removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accidents.
- Turn the Sanyo Sanyo PLC-SU70/PLC-XU73 projector on.
- Press the Menu option to display the On-Screen Menu.
- Press Point left/right button(s) to move a red frame poster to Setting Menu icon.
- Press the black arrow point button to move the red framed pointer to the Setting Menu Icon.
- Press Point Down button to move the red frame pointer to Lamp counter reset.
- Press the Select button.
- Another confirmation dialog box appears, select YES.
- The Lamp box will disappear and the Lamp Replace Dialog box appears.
- Select YES to reset Lamp Replace Counter.
NOTE: When you reset the Lamp Replace Counter the Lamp Replace indicator stops lighting.
Prolong the life of your newly installed Sanyo POA-LMP106 (service parts no 610 332 3855) by regularly cleaning of the air filter on the Sanyo PLC-XE45 projector.