Follow our step-by-step guide to install a new ASK DP-1000X projector lamp
When it’s time to replace the ASK DP-1000X projector lamp the ALARM indicator, located on the left hand side of the power button, will light red .
Before installation: Go with a genuine lamp
It’s important to invest in the best ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-003 lamp. Counterfeit generic lamplamps, often advertised as “compatible” lamps may be tempting for their lower prices but should be avoided. Generic lamps have a shorter life span, offer poor illumination and reduced clarity with the pictures. Knockoff lamps are prone to explosion and you run the risk of being exposed to the toxic substances such as Krypton-85 being used by generic manufacturers to achieve the same results.
An OEM ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-003 lamp has been created with an individually adjusted holder that works specifically with the ASK DP-1000X projector to your projector model. Installing a genuine ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-003 ensures a projector that is working properly and keeps your warranty in place. Most OEM resellers offer technical support as well. Educate yourself and learn The 7 Ways to spot a counterfeit lamp.
Buy this lamp on Amazon from the following authorized dealers:
- SpArc Platinum for Ask Proxima SP-LAMP-003 Projector Replacement Lamp with Housing
- Pro-Lighting SP-LAMP-003 Replacement Lamp with Housing for INFOCUS IN10/LP70/LP70+/M2/M2+;ASK M6/M2/M2+ PROXIMA DP1000X
- Original Philips Projector Lamp Replacement with Housing for Ask Proxima SP-LAMP-003
Replacing the lamp
1. Disconnect the power cord before opening the ASK DP-1000X lamp lid. The projector should be cool to the touch before changing the lamp. These projectors work under high temperatures and you can burn yourself if the projector has not cooled down for at least one hour for installation.
2. On the ASK DP-1000X projector, the lamp cover is part of the full lamp cage. Unscrew the 3 screws holding the lamp cover in place. Insert the flat end of the screw driver into the tab on the cover and pop the lid off.
3. Carefully lift the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-003 out of the projector. Be sure to dispose of the used lamp through a local recycling program.
The ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-003 contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle your used lamps!
4. Carefully insert the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-003 lamp all the way into the ASK DP-1000X projector. Avoid touching the bare lamp as this may cause it to break. The oil on your fingers will also heat up and cause a black spot to appear on the lamp reducing the quality of the picture.
5. Tighten the three screws holding the ASK Proxima SP-LAMP-003 lamp in place.
6. You’re now ready to reset the lamp timer.
Reset the lamp timer
It’s important to reset the lamp timer of the ASK DP-1000X projector in order to properly track lamp life. Failure to reset the timer may result in the projector not knowing when the lamp is finished and shutting down suddenly.
To reset the lamp timer:
- Open the MENU system.
- Scroll down to OPTIONS. Press ENTER.
- Scroll down to SERVICE. Press ENTER.
- Click on LAMP TIMER RESET.
- Click on YES.
Green your projector
Save money, go green
Looking for a less expensive, more environmentally friendly alternative? Are you tech-saavy or just want more information? Watch our step-by-step video on replacing only the ASK Proxima SP-Lamp-003 bulb instead of the entire lamp housing.