Installing a new ASK Proxima DP-9210 lamp
If the picture is dim or looks unnatural the ASK Proxima DP-9210 lamp may be reaching its end of life. If the Replace Lamp Indicator light on the front panel is blinking orange, you must replace the ASK Proxima DP-9210 lamp immediately. Follow our simple step-by-step instructions to replace your lamp in the ASK Proxima DP-9210 projector easily.
Finding the right lamp
Buy your ASK Proxima LAMP-014 from an authorized manufacturer and avoid the lower-priced knock-off lamps. These counterfeit lamps are usually made with inferior parts including including toxic substances carcinogenic substance Krypton-85 that are a health risk. Prone to exploding and with a much shorter shelf life, generic lamps may end up costing you more particularly if they damage the sensitive mechanisms in your ASK Proxima DP-9210 projector. Buying from a legitimate source keeps your projector under warranty and gives you a solid guarantee.
Buy this lamp on Amazon from the following authorized dealers:
- SpArc Bronze for Ask Proxima POA-LMP14 Projector Replacement Lamp with Housing
- Lutema POA-LMP14-L02-3 Ask Proxima LCD/DLP Projector Lamp (Premium)
- Original Philips TV Lamp Replacement with Housing for Ask Proxima POA-LMP14
Replacing the ASK Proxima LAMP-014 Lamp
- Allow the ASK Proxima DP-9210 projector to thoroughly cool before changing the lamp. Turn off the projector, unplug the AC cord and allow 45 to 60 minutes for the projector to cool. These projectors operate under high heat and there is a possibility of being burned, if the projector is not fully cooled before changing the ASK Proxima LAMP-014 lamp.
- The lamp cover for the ASK Proxima DP-9210 projector is located at the bottom of the projector. Gently turn over the projector onto its side and loosen the screw holding the cover in place. Place the cover to one side.
- Inside you’ll find the ASK Proxima LAMP-014 lamp cage. Loosen both screws holding the lamp cage in place. Grab the lamp handle and gently lift the lamp out of its socket. Place to one side. Be sure to dispose of the lamp properly through a local recycling program.
- Take the new ASK Proxima LAMP-014 lamp cage by the handle—avoid touching the actual bulb as this can break or damage the lamp. Without forcing the lamp, place it into the slot.
- Once the lamp is in, tighten both screws on the ASK Proxima LAMP-014 Lamp Assembly. Make sure the screws have been tightened properly or the ASK Proxima DP-9210 projector will not turn on.
- Replace the Lamp Cover and tighten the screw. Re-connect the power cord and turn on the ASK Proxima DP-9210 projector. If the ASK Proxima LAMP-014 lamp does not turn on after the warm-up period, try re-installing the lamp. Reset the Lamp Counter Screen by following the instructions below.
NOTE: Your old ASK Proxima LAMP-014 lamp should be properly recycled. These lamps contain mercury and can’t be placed into common garbage.
Resetting the Lamp Replacement Monitor
In order for the projector to properly track the lamp life of your ASK Proxima LAMP-014 you’ll need to reset the Lamp Replacement Monitor Timer. Failure to do so can result in the Replace Lamp Indicator not tracking the lamp life properly.
- Turn the ASK Proxima DP-9210 projector on.
- Press the POINT LEFT/RIGHT button to move to SETTING option.
- Press SELECT to display the SETTING menu.
- Using the POINT UP/DOWN button move through the list to the LAMP AGE option. Press SELECT.
- The message “Lamp replace monitor Reset?” will be displayed.” Cursor down and highlight YES. Press SELECT.
- The second messge “OK?” appears. Click on YES. Press SELECT.
- Move the arrow to QUIT and leave the menu area.
RESET the Lamp Replacement Monitor Timer ONLY WHEN the lamp has been REPLACED.
Looking for a green alternative? Try replacing only the bulb and re-using the same plastic cage. Watch this Ask Proxima replacement guide to find out more.
Get the ASK Proxima LAMP-014 to last longer with these tips:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the ASK Proxima DP-9210 and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life