As the Hitachi PJ-658 projector lamp reaches end of life, the Lamp Indicator light will start flashing red. Color tone on the screen may also appear weak or washed out. This is another indication that it’s time to replace the lamp.
NOTE: You may notice the Hitachi DT00751 starts to go dark after being used for long period of time. It’s a good idea to turn off the projector for at least one or two hours each day.
The Hitachi DT00751 CPX260 projector llamp has a finite life and trying to force it beyond its normal lamp life can damage your Hitachi PJ-658.
Avoid Hitachi PJ-658 projector lamp counterfeits
Copycat manufacturers offer no guarantee or refunds and the warranty on your Hitachi PJ-658 projector will become void. Look for the seal of approval before buying any projector lamp. You want the best lamp possible — an authentic OEM projector lamp!
Reasons for avoiding generic projector lamps:
- Your eyesight is at risk since generics don’t have the proper safety vision guards installed
- Generic lamps have a much shorter life so end up costing more.
- Due to poor workmanship, they are prone to explosions.
- Overseas production of these knock-off lamps is not regulated.
- Manufacturers carcinogenic componnents such as the highly toxic Krypton-85.
- Gerenics damage the sensitive optics in projectors due to being uncalibrated.
Spot the copycat fake lamps with 7 Ways to Spot a Counterfeit Lamp.
Find this lamp on Amazon sold by these authorized dealers:
Installing the Hitachi DT00751
Before installing a new lamp be sure to turn off the Hitachi PJ-658 and let the projector cool down for at least one hour. This projector operates using high temperatures and there is a risk of you burning yourself if the projector has not cooled.
- Turn off the projector by pressing the power button.
- Unplug any power cords.
- Loosen the Hitachi PJ-658 lamp cover screw
- Slide the lamp cover to the side to remove it.
- Loosen the screws on the lamp. Gently lift up the wire handle and pull out the Hitachi DT00751 CPX260 projector lamp. NOTE: The Hitachi DT00751 contains mercury and should be properly recycled. Don’t place it into regular garbage.
- Take the new DT00751 projector lamp out of its packaging.
- Pick up the Hitachi DT00751 lamp by the handle and gently insert the lamp into the projector making sure not to bang the lamp.
- Avoid touching the actual bulb as oil from your fingers can leave marks on the bulb that will burn into black spots.
- Slide the Hitachi PJ-658 lamp cover back in place and firmly fasten the lamp cover a screw.
- Turn the projector on and reset the lamp time.
To reset the Hitachi PJ-658 lamp timer
- Press the MENU button
- When the EASY MENU has appeared press Enter to choose
- Scroll down to the ADVANCED MENU option.
- Scroll down to OPTION menu.
- Press ENTER.
- Scroll down to LAMP TIME.
- A dialog field will appear.
- Choose RESET on the dialog field.
- Press ENTER.
- The lamp time will be reset to 0.
- Press the MENU button to exit.
NOTE: Reset the lamp time only when you have replaced the lamp, for a suitable indication about the lamp. Otherwise you run the risk of using the lamp beyond its lamp life.
Get more hours from your Hitachi DT00751 CPX260 lamp by keeping your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector. Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.