Follow this guide to replace the NEC M282X projector lamp
Note: This manual can also be used for NEC M282 projector.
When it’s time to replace your NEC M282X projector lamp you’ll see the following warning signs:
- message on screen reads LAMP HAS REACHED THE END OF ITS USABLE LIFE. PLEASE REPLACE THE LAMP AND FILTER.
- the LAMP indicator begins to blink red
- color looks off or has deteriorated
Track the life of the NEC M282X projector lamp from the Usage Time menu.
- Go to INFO menu
- Scroll down to USAGE TIME to display the LAMP LIFE REMAINING and LAMP HOURS USED.
- The progress indicator shows the percentage of remaining bulb life:
- When the lamp usage reaches 0, the Lamp Life REMAINING starts a count down from 100 hours
- When the count down reaches 0, the projector will turn off and not turn on.
Be sure to invest in an authentic projector lamp. Find this lamp on Amazon sold by these authorized dealers:
- NEC NP27LP Projector Housing w/ High Quality Genuine Original Philips UHP Bulb
- NEC Replacement Lamp For NP-M282X NP27LP
- NP27LP NEC Projector Lamp Replacement. Projector Lamp Assembly with High Quality Genuine Original Philips UHP Bulb Inside.
Changing the NEC M282X projector lamp
- turn off the NEC M282X projector.
- unplug the projector from its power source.
- unplug the power cable.
- wait until the projector is cool to the touch to avoid getting burned.
Loosen the NEC M282X lamp cover screw.
Slide the projector cover off.
Loosen the two screws holding the NEC NP27LP projector lamp in place.
Remove the projector lamp by holding the indent and pulling up.
NOTE: Your NEC NP27LP projector lamp should be properly recycled and not placed into regular garbage.
Install a new NEC NP27LP projector lamp housing into the NEC M282X projector, gently pressing the projector lamp housing into the socket. . Tighten the screw on the projector lam
Re-attach the NEC M282X lamp cover by sliding the cover until it snaps into place. Tighten the screw on the lamp cover.
Reset the NEC M282X lamp timer
Once the NEC NP27LP projector lamp has been replaced you will need to reset the lamp timer so the projector can accurately track the number of lamp hours left.
- Plug in the power cored into the wall outlet.
- Turn on the projector.
- From the MENU select RESET.
- Choose CLEAR LAMP HOURS.
- A confirmation message appears.
- Select YES.
Learn more tips to extend the life of the NED M282X projector lamp.