Follow our simple step-by-step guide to replace BenQ PB8263 projector lamp
The importance of buying authentic lamps
An authentic BenQ PB8263 projector lamp is the only choice if you want to maintain your projector and protect your health.
Knock-off, generic lamps seem like a bargain at first but they come with a long list of problems ounterfeit that actually cost you more money in the long run. Not only do they have a shorter lamp, offer poor picture quality, these so-called “compatible” lamps are prone to explosions. A broken bulb may be a nuisance but these lamps have also been made with toxic substances. In order for counterfeit manufacturers to replicated the copyrighted technology they don’t have access, they resort to using toxic substitutes that are carcinogenic such as Krypton-85.
Protect your health and keep your BenQ PB8263 projector — install an authentic BenQ 59.J8101.CG1 projector lamp. It’s not worth exposing yourself to health problems and voiding your warranty. Learn the 7 Ways to spot a counterfeit lamp.
Buy this lamp on Amazon from the following authorized dealers:
- BenQ 59.J8101.CG1 Projector Brand New High Quality Original Projector Bulb
- 59.J8101.CG1 BenQ PE8260 Projector Lamp
- BenQ Replacement Lamp with Housing and Original Bulb for PB8250; PB8260; 59.J8101.CG1
When to replace the lamp
Your BenQ PB8263 projector has several warning messages to help you know when it’s time to replace the BenQ 59.J8101.CG1 projector lamp. Don’t wait until the last minute — get your authentic lamp when you see the first warning.
Your first warning to replace the BenQ 59.J8101.CG1 projector lamp will show up when the lamp has been in operation for 1980 hours. If the projector is being run in Economic Mode you may continue until the second warning at 2980 hours at which time a second warning will appear.
The second warning will let you know that the power will shutdown in 20 hours time. Replace the BenQ 59.J8101.CG1 projector lamp immediately.
The third warning will flash in the center of the BenQ PB8253 screen at 3000 hours and the Lamp Indicator will light up red for 40 seconds. It’s strongly recommended you replace the BenQ 59.J8101.CG1 projector lamp.
If the final warning displays, the BenQ PB8263 projector will shut down in 40 seconds. The BenQ 59.J8101.CG1 projector lamp MUST be replaced before the projector will operate normally.
How to replace the BenQ 59.J8101.CG1 projector lamp
NOTE: These instructions also apply to the BenQ PB8253 projector as well.
Before changing theprojector lamp:
- Reduce the risk of electrical shock by disconnecting the power cord on the BenQ PB8263 projector.
- Reduce the risk of severe burns by allowing the projector to cool for at least 45 minutes.
- Turn the power off and disconnect the BenQ PB8263 projector.
- The lamp cover is found on the bottom of the projector. Turn the projector over. placing it on something soft to protect the surface. Loosen the two screws holding the BenQ PB8263 projector lamp cover in place. (Use a magnetic screwdriver to make the whole process easier.)
- Loosen the screw on the BenQ 59.J8101.CG1 projector lamp.
- Grab the wire handle on the BenQ 59.J8101.CG1 projector lamp so it lifts up. Slowly and gently pull theBenQ 59.J8101.CG1 projector lamp out of the projector. Pulling too quickly can cause the bulb to shatter. Learn what to do should the bulb shatter.
- Avoid touching the optical components inside the projector as this can leave marks on the lenses causing image distortion and unwanted color changes.
- Insert the new BenQ 59.J8101.CG1 projector lamp making sure the handle is fully locked. Tighten the screw. If the screw is too loose or too tight, the projector may not turn on.
- Re-install the BenQ PB8263 lamp cover and tighten the screw.
- Reset the total lamp operation timer.
NOTE: The BenQ 59.J8101.CG1 projector lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle your used lamps!
When the large red R in the broken box appears, it means the projector lamp has not been properly installed. Re-install the projector lamp and make sure the screws are have been tightened just enough.
Reset the projector lamp counter
It’s important to only reset the projector lamp timer when the BenQ 59.J8101.CG1 lamp has been replaced. Resetting the lamp timer without changing the BenQ 59.J8101.CG1 projector lamp can cause significant harm to your BenQ PB8263 projector.
- Press and hold EXIT button on the projector for 3 seconds to display the total used lamp time.
- Press MENU on either the projector or on the remote control. Scroll down to the LAMP HOUR TIMER. An adjustment message will appear.
- Press MENU to reset the lamp hours.
- Press EXIT to save the new settings.
Tips for a longer lasting BenQ 59.J8101.CG1 projector lamp:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Use the Lamp Power option on the BenQ PB8263 and set to Economic Mode to reduce the amount of power used but extend lamp life.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.