When it’s time to replace your Boxlight SP-45M projector lamp our handy step-by-step guide is here to help!
Get the right projector lamp
Be sure to buy an authentic Boxlight SP45M-930 projector lamp replacement rom a recognized dealer for your Boxlight SP-45M projector. The cheaper knock off lamps being sold on popular e-commerce sites may seem like a bargain but will end up costing you money. You get what you pay for and in the case of generic lamps it’s some serious problems:
- shorter lamp life than original lamps
- toxic materials and carcinogenic parts including Krypton-85
- prone to explosions
- incompatibility causing damage to the sensitive electronics in your projectors
- no guarantee or refunds
Save yourself unnecessary headaches and buy an authentic Boxlight SP45M-930 from a recognized dealer. You’ll be getting a far superior product with a replacement guarantee and tech support.
Find this lamp sold on Amazon by these authorized dealers:
- Boxlight XP60M-930 TV Lamp with Housing with 150 Days Warranty
- SpArc Bronze for Boxlight XP60M-930 Projector Replacement Lamp with Housing
Knowing when to replace the projector lamp
When the Boxlight SP45M-930 is reaching end of life, the alarm light on the Boxlight SP-45M will start blinking red.
The lamp hours used timer in the ABOUT menu counts the number if hours the lamp has been in use. After 1980 hours the message “Change lamp” appears on the screen at start up. When the timer reaches 2000 hours, the lamp will no longer light. It will be tome to replace the Boxlight SP45M-930
Other indications that the lamp is reaching end of life include a picture that looks dim on screen or one with faded colors. Don’t use the lamp in the projector past it’s due date or it may overheat, stop working or explode causing the projector to shut down.
Replacing the Boxlight SP45M-930 projector lamp
Before replacing the Boxlight SP45M-930 follow these safety tips:
- Disconnect the power cord on the Boxlight SP-45M projector.
- Reduce the risk of severe burns by allowing the Boxlight SP-45M projector to cool for at least 45 minutes. These projectors operate using high temperatures and you run the risk of severe burns if you don’t allow it to cool down.
Place the projector on a soft surface and turn it over. Remove the lamp door by pushing the tab forward towards the lens. Loosen the three screws holding the lamp unit in place.
Carefully pull out and remove lamp housing. Be careful not to bang the bulb or it can shatter. Learn what to do if the bulb has broken.
Insert the new Boxlight SP45M-930 projector lamp using the side dents. Be careful not to touch the actual bulb as this can result in black spots from the oil on your hands. Tighten the screws on the new projector lamp. Close the lid. You are now ready to reset the lamp timer.
NOTE: Be sure to recycle this projector lamp properly. The Boxlight SP45M-930 projector lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. It must be recycled properly!
Resetting the Boxlight SP-45M lamp counter
Once the Boxlight SP45M-930 has been replaced, you will need to reset the lamp counter so the Boxlight SP-45M projector can accurately track the number of lamp hours remaining.
To reset the lamp hours:
- Plug in the power cord and press the Power switch to turn the projector back on.
- Go to SERVICE MENU.
- Scroll down to the Reset lamp.
- Press Enter to reset the lamp hours to zero.
Interested in a green alternative?
The Boxlight SP-45M has the option of replacing only the actual bulb and re-using the plastic cage. This reduces waste and is a great way to green your projector. Watch our step-by-step training video to learn more.