Follow this handy guide to replace the Epson EMP-TW10 projector lamp
You can expect up to 1900 hours of Epson EMP-TW10 projector lamp before it reaches end of life and needs to be replaced.
Poor image quality on your Epson EMP-TW10 projector is one the warning signs that the needs replacing.
It’s time to replace the Epson EMP-TW10 projector lamp when the warning indicator flashes red at 0.5 intervals. The message “Replace Lamp” will appear on the bottom left corner of the screen for 30 seconds.
Authentic vs. generic
Look for the seal of approval when you are buying your Epson EMP-TW10 projector lamp. You’ll need the Epson ELPLP 25 model. While generic have a lower pricetag, there are plenty of downsides to these lamps. Protect your health, the health of your Epson EMP-TW10 projector and buy authentic. Don’t be fooled by the generic manufacturers: Learn the 7 Ways to Spot a Counterfeit Lamp.
Six reasons to avoid generics:
- prone to explosions because of their inferior workmanship
- don’t last the full 1400 hours
- health hazard due to the toxic materials used
- not calibrated properly and will damage the optics
- copycat manufacturers offer no guarantee or refunds
- the warranty on your Epson EMP-TW10 projector will become void.
Buy this lamp on Amazon from the following authorized dealers:
- Powerlite S1+ Epson Projector Lamp Replacement. Projector Lamp Assembly with High Quality
- Genuine Original Philips UHP Bulb Inside.
- Epson Projector Lamp Part ELPLP29-ER V13H010L29 Model Epson EMP S1+ EMP S1h EMP S1L
Replacing the Epson EMP-TW10 projector lamp
Replace the Epson EMP-TW10 projector lamp immediately when the lamp replacement indicator blinks red.
Turn the Epson EMP-TW10 projector off and allow for a 20-second cool down period. Then disconnect the power cord and allow the projector to cool to the touch before replacing the Epson ELPLP 25. These projectors operate under high heat and there is the potential for a serious burn if the projector has not cooled down long enough.
Remove the Epson EMP-Tw10 lamp cover by putting your fingers in the latches and lifting upwards. Put the lamp cover to one side.
Using the screwdrive that came with the Epson EMP-TW10 projector, loosen the screws holding the Epson ELPLP 25 in place.
Gently light up the old lamp making sure not to touch the actual bulb in case it may break. Pulling too quickly can break the glass bulb. Learn what to do should the bulb shatter.
Be sure to dispose of the used Epson ELPLP 25 lamp through a local recycling program. Don’t throw this lamp into regular garbage as it contains mercury.
Avoiding touching the actual glass bulb while lining up the new Epson ELPLP 25 lamp. Fingerprints on the bulb will turn into black spots that hampers picture quality.
Slowly lower the new lamp into the Epson EMP-TW10 projector making sure not to touch the actual bulb. Press the Epson ELPLP 25 lamp until it clicks into place, then tighten the two fixing screws.
Replace the Epson EMP-TW10 lamp cover by first inserting the tabs, and then pressing towards the projector until it clicks into place.
You’re ready to reset the lamp timer.
Resetting the lamp timer
You’ll need to reset the lamp timer in order to ensure the Epson EMP-TW10 projector know when the Epson ELPLP 25 needs replacing. Leaving the Epson ELPLP 25 lamp in the projector before the recommended 1900 hours can result in the lamp exploding.
Use either the control panel keys on the Epson EMP-TW10 or the menu options on the remote control top access the MENU screen.
- Using the arrows keys, scroll down to the RESET menu.
- Click ENTER (left pointing arrow).
- Scroll down to select LAMP-HOURS RESET.
- Press ENTER to open the Lamp-Hours Reset screen.
- Click on YES to reset the lamp hours to zero. Press ENTER.
- The lamp hours will be reset. The hours will be displayed as 0H until 10 hours of lamp usage has been reached.
Extending life of the Epson ELPLP 25 lamp
Get more hours from your Epson ELPLP 25 lamp by following these maintenance tips:
- To avoid overhearing the projector and causing the lamp to explode, keep the air filters clean.
- Let the Epson EMP-TW10 rest for at least one hour per day.
- Using it only our to five hours per day will give the lamp a longer life.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted. Overheating can cause lamp failure.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.