Follow this guide to replace the Epson EMP-S1 projector lamp
Poor image quality on your Epson EMP-S1 projector? ? It may be time to replace the Epson EMP-S1 projector lamp.
It’s time to replace the lamp when the Warning indicator flashes red 0.5 intervals. When the lamp life reaches 1900 hours, the message “Replace Lamp” will appear on the bottom left corner of the screen for 30 seconds.
Installing the right lamp
It’s crucial to install the proper type of Epson ELPLP 25 lamp. Avoid buying generic knock-offs or lamps advertised as “compatible.” Go with an authentic Epson ELPLP 25 OEM lamp sold by a dependable seller. Using a counterfeit generic lamp may result in poor illumination as well as malfunction of the sensitive components in your projector.
Counterfeit lamps are prone to explosion and have been created using toxic substances such as Krypton-85. Installing a generic lamp will also void any warranty for your Epson EMP-S1 projector. Learn the 7 Ways to spot a counterfeit lamp.
Buy this lamp on Amazon from the following authorized dealers:
- Powerlite S1+ Epson Projector Lamp Replacement. Projector Lamp Assembly with High Quality
- Genuine Original Philips UHP Bulb Inside.
- Epson Projector Lamp Part ELPLP29-ER V13H010L29 Model Epson EMP S1+ EMP S1h EMP S1L
Replacing the Epson ELPLP 25 lamp
Replace the Epson ELPLP 25 immediately when the lamp replacement indicator blinks red.
Turn the Epson EMP-S1 projector off and allow for a 20-second cool down period. Then disconnect the power cord and allow the projector to cool for one hour before replacing the Epson ELPLP 25. Failure to do so can result in a severe burn as the Epson EMP-S1 operates uses high heat.
Remove the Epson EMP-S1 lamp cover by putting your fingers in the latches and lifting upwards. Put the lamp cover to one side.
Using the screwdrive that came with the Epson EMP-S1 projector, loosen the screws holding the Epson ELPLP 25 in place.
Gently lift out the old lamp making sure not to touch the actual bulb in case it may break. Pulling too quickly can break the glass bulb. Learn what to do should the bulb shatter.
Be sure to dispose of the used Epson ELPLP 25 lamp through a local recycling program. Don’t throw this lamp into regular garbage as it contains mercury.
Line up the new Epson ELPLP 25 lamp and lower it into the Epson EMP-S1 projector making sure not to touch the actual bulb. Fingerprints on the bulb will turn into black spots that hampers picture quality.
Press the lamp until it clicks into place, then tighten the two fixing screws.
Replace the Epson EMP-S1 lamp cover by first inserting the tabs, and then pressing towards the projector until it clicks into place.
You’re ready to reset the lamp timer.
Resetting the lamp timer
You’ll need to reset the lamp timer in order to ensure the Epson EMP-S1 projector know when the Epson ELPLP 25 needs replacing. Leaving the Epson ELPLP 25 lamp in the projector before the recommended 1900 hours can result in the lamp exploding.
Use either the control panel keys on the Epson EMP-S1 or the menu options on the remote control top access the MENU screen.
- Using the arrows keys, scroll down to the RESET menu.
- Click ENTER (left pointing arrow).
- Scroll down to select LAMP-HOURS RESET.
- Press ENTER.
Extending the Epson ELPLP 25 lamp life
Get more hours from your Epson ELPLP 25 lamp by following these maintenance tips:
- To avoid overhearing the projector and causing the lamp to explode, keep the air filters clean.
- Let the Epson EMP-S1 rest for at least one hour per day.
- Using it only our to five hours per day will give the lamp a longer life.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted. Overheating can cause lamp failure.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.