How to install a new Epson EMP-1715 projector lamp
No need to call the technician. Follow this 3-step manual for help on replacing the Epson EMP-1715 projector
Know when to replace
The life span of the Epson ELPLP38 projector lamp is 2000 hours when Brightness Control is set to High (which is the default) or 3000 hours if the Brightness Control is set to Low.
Know the warning signs
When the Epson ELPLP38 projector lamp is approaching end of life you’ll start to see the following warnings signs:
- A screen that is gradually dimming or deteriorating.
- Colour in the image appears dark or off colour.
- “Replace the lamp” warning flashing on screen.
- Lamp light flashing a steady orange.
Replace the Epson ELPLP38 projector lamp immediately so you don’t run the risk of having the lamp explode in the Epson EMP-1715 projector.
Why buy authentic
What’s the difference between an authentic Epson ELPLP38 and a generic projector lamp? Quality, price and reliability!
The Internet is flooded with companies selling generic lamps at reduced prices. While these lamps appear to be a bargain due to their lower price tag, they can’t offer the same quality, price and reliability as authentic lamps.
Generic lamps have six main problems:
- inferior product because of inferior workmanship. They are NOT interested in your repeat business.
- generics can’t last the full 3000 hours — they have not been built properly.
- generics can seriously damage the optics in your Epson EMP 1715 projector because they can’t be calibrated properly
- generics have been created with toxic materials and are a health hazard
- installing a generic lamp will void the warranty on the Epson EMP 1715.
- generics offer no guarantee, technical or customer service even after the lamp has been purchased.
Save yourself hassles and go with authentic projector lamp from a recognized dealer who proudly displays the seal of approval. Read about generics posing as authentic lamps and how to avoid them!
Buy this lamp on Amazon from the following authorized dealers:
- EPSON ELPLP38 replacement lamp for powerlite 1700c 1705c 1710c 1715c – NEW – Retail – V13H010L38
- EPSON EMP-1705 Replacement Projector Lamp ELPLP38 / V13H010L38
Replacing the Epson ELPLP38 projector lamp
Before installation of your new projector lamp follow these important safety tips:
- Turn power button off.
- Wait until the Epson EMP-1715 has beeped twice and then unplug the power cord.
- Wait for at least one hour for the Epson EMP-1715 to be cool to the touch. DO NOT attempt to change the Epson ELPLP38 if the projector is still hot. You can be badly burned if you don’t wait for the projector to cool.
IMPORTANT: Do not operate the projectors the lamps is removed as this may result in malfunctions, fire hazard and other accidents.
1. Loosen the screws on the Epson EMP-1715 projector using the screwdriver provided.
2. Slide the cover towards you until it’s off the runners. Lift and remove the cover on the Epson EMP-1715 projector.
3. Loosen the two screws holding the Epson ELPLP38 projector lamp in place.
4. Grab the side indents and gently lift the Epson ELPLP38 projector lamp out of the Epson EMP-1715 projector. Don’t use excessive force or the projector lamp could break. If the lamp breaks inside the projector–here’s what to do.
NOTE: The Epson ELPLP38 projector lamp contains mercury and needs to be properly recycled. Don’t thrown the used lamp into your regular garbage.
5. Gently insert the new Epson ELPLP38projector lamp into the Epson EMP-1715 projector. Avoid touching the actual projector bulb since your fingerprints will cause black out spots to appear when the projector starts working.
6. Tighten the screws on the Epson ELPLP38 projector lamp. Be sure not to tighten too much or the lamp may not work.
7. Replace the Epson EMP-1715 projector lamp cover and tighten the screw on the lamp cover.
You are now ready to reset the lamp timer.
Resetting the Epson EMP-1715 Lamp Timer
The Epson EMP-1715 has an automatic lamp timer to track the number of hours left in the lamp. Each time a new Epson ELPLP38 projector lamp is installed you need to reset the Epson EMP-1715 lamp timer. Never use the Epson ELPLP38 projector lamp beyond its recommended usage as this can damage the projector beyond repair.
- Press the MENU button on either the remote control or on the projector’s control panel.
- Scroll down to the RESET option. Press Enter to bring up the reset screen.
- Scroll down to RESET LAMP HOURS.
- A second prompt screen will appear asking for confirmation. Scroll over to the YES option. Press ENTER.
- Press MENU to exit.
Extending the life of your Epson ELPLP38 projector lamp
Follow this simple tips to make your Epson ELPLP38 projector lamp last even longer:
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the Epson EMP-1715 projector and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours.
- An average use of four to five hours per day will ensure longer lamp life.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.
- Set the Brightness Mode to low.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life