To replace the Epson EMP-5500 projector lamp follow this guide.
Invest in authentic
Your projector lamp works best with an authentic Epson EMP-5500 projector installed. Counterfeit lamps may appear to be a bargain but in the long run end up costing you more for the following reasons:
- shorter lamp life than original lamps
- toxic materials and carcinogenic parts including Krypton-85
- prone to explosions
- incompatibility causing damage to the sensitive electronics in your projectors
- no guarantee or refunds
- no protective guards installed so your eyesight is at risk!
Find this lamp on Amazon from the following authorized dealers:
Replacement Warning Signs
After 2000 hour of use, the Epson EMP-5500 projector lamp will start to reach end of life and you’ll notice the following warning signs:
- The projector lamp indicator flashes orange
- The message “Lamp Replace” appears on the screen
- The images gets darker or starts to deteriorates.
Installing the Epson EMP-5500 projector lamp
The Epson EMP-5500 projector uses the Epson ELPLP06 projector lamp. Follow these important safety tips before replacing the projector lamp:
- Turn off the projector power and wait for the cool-down period which is about two minutes. Disconnect the power cord after the two minutes is over.
- Wait at least 30 minutes to one hour for the Epson EMP-5500 projector to cool internally before opening it up. It should be cool to the touch.
To replace the lamp:
Use the screwdriver provided loosen the screw holding the Epson EMP-5500 projector lamp cover in place. Slide the Epson EMP-5500 projector lamp cover off and place it to one side.
Lift up the wire handle on the Epson ELPLP06 projector lamp and gently pull the projector lamp out of the Epson EMP-5500projector lamp. Don’t knock the actual bulb as it may break. Learn what to do should the bulb shatter.
NOTE: The Epson ELPLP06 projector lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle your used lamp.
Tighten the screws on the newly installed Epson ELPLP06 projector lamp. Replace the lid on the Epson EMP-5500 projector. Tighten the screw on the projector lamp cover. Reset the lamp timer.
How to extend lamp life
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Turn off the Epson EMP-5500 projector and let it stand for at least one hour ever 24 hours.
- Make sure there is enough airflow around the projector particularly if it’s been permanently mounted.