Start off with authentic
Save yourself unnecessary headaches by buying an authentic BenQ MX7634 projector lamp. Why go authentic?
Counterfeit “compatible” lamps may appear to be a bargain but in the long run end up costing you more due to their shorter lamp life than original lamps making them prone to explosions. When you factor in the exposure to substitute toxic materials and carcinogenic parts as well as missing safeguards that put your eyesight is at risk, the few dollars saved is not worth it. Protect your health and keep your BenQ MX7634 working at optimum levels with a guarantee still entact. Go authentic.
End of life warning signs
When it’s time to replace the BenQ MX764 projector lamp you’ll see a series warnings appear on screen.
First warning: The BenQ 5J.J4N05.001 projector lamp has been in operation equivalent to 2500 hours. Install a new lamp for optimal performance. If the BenQ MP764 projector is running in Econo Mode, you have up to 2950 hours before changing the lamp.
Second Warning: The BenQ 5J.J4N05.001 projector lamp has been in operation equivalent to 2950 hours. You should replace the lamp immediately.
Third Warning: The BenQ 5J.J4N05.001 projector lamp lamp is approaching it’s end of life and has been in operation equivalent to 3000 hours. Change the BenQ 5J.J0405.001 lamp immediately to avoid having the projector shut down.
Final Warning: The BenQ MX764 projector has shut down and the BenQ 5J.J4N05.001 projector lamp MUST be replaced before the projector will operate normally.
Buy this lamp on Amazon sold by these authorized dealers:
- BenQ 5J.J4N05.001 Lamp for MX763 and MX764 Projectors
- BenQ 5J.J4N05.001 Replacement Lamp 300 W Projector Lamp – 2000 Hour Normal
- BenQ 5J.J4N05.001 Replacement Lamp 300 W Projector Lamp – 2000 Hour Normal – NEW – Generic – 5J.J4N05.001
- BenQ 5J.J4N05.001 Projector Housing with Genuine Original Philips UHP Bulb
- BenQ MX764 Projector Housing w/ High Quality Genuine Original Philips UHP Bulb
Replacing the BenQ MX764 projector lamp
Follow these safety instructions before changing the lamp:
- Reduce the risk of electrical shock by disconnecting the power cord on the BenQ MX764 projector.
- Reduce the risk of severe burns by allowing the projector to cool for at least 45 minutes. The projector should be cool to the touch.
- The projector lamp cover is found on the side of the BenQ MX764 projector.
- Loosen the three screws holding the projector lamp cover in place
- Lift up the projector lamp cover.
- Disconnect the lamp connector by pushing it against the projector while pulling it up.
- Loosen the screw that secures the lamp.
- Lift the handle so that it stands up. Use it to slowly pull the BenQ 5J.J4N05.001 projector lamp out of the projector. Pulling out too quickly may cause the bulb to break. If this happens go to: What to do when your projector lamp explodes.
NOTE: The BenQ 5J.J4N05.001 projector lamp contains mercury and should not be thrown into regular garbage. Recycle your used lamps!
Insert the new BenQ CS.5JJ1K.001 projector lamp. Align the two holes on the lamp with the locators on the projector. Reconnect the projector lamp connectors.
- Tighten the screw that secures the lamp. Loose screw may cause a bad connection,
which could result in malfunction. Do not over tighten the screw.
- Replace the lamp cover on the BenQ MX764 projector.
- Reset the lamp timer.
Resetting the lamp timer
Do not reset the BenQ MX764 projector lamp timer if the lamp has not been replaced as this could cause damage. Don’t start the if the lamp cover has not been replaced. To reset the projector lamp timer:
- Plug the BenQ MX764 projector and get it started.
- Open up the menu and scroll over to SYSTEM/SETUP: Advanced. Press ENTER
- Press MODE/ENTER to display the Lamp Settings page
- Highlight Reset lamp timer to display a warning asking it you want to reset the lamp timer.
- Select RESET. Press ENTER.
- Lamp time will be reset to zero.
Extend the BenQ MX764 projector lamp
- Keep your air filters clean to avoid overheating the projector.
- Setting Lamp Power to Eco mode. Using Whisper mode reduces system noise and power consumption. It also extends the projector lamp life. To set Econo mode, go into the Advanced Setup > Lamp > Lamp Power menu.
- Learn more with Top tips for extending DLP projector lamp life.