Follow our step-by-step guide to replace the Optoma TH1060P projector lamp
When you see the lamp replacement message on your projector screen, it’s time for a new Optoma TH1060P projector lamp. Follow our step-by-step guide.
Why avoid generics:
Keep your projector working properly by installing a Optoma TH1060P projector lamp. Why avoid counterfeit lamps? Check out these problems:
- generic lamps have a much shorter life
- Krypton-85 and other toxic chemicals are used to create counterfeit lamps
- compatible lamps are more prone to overheat and explode
- copycat manufacturers don’t know how to properly calibrate their lamps to work with the sensitive electronics in projectors
- generic manufacturers offer no guarantee or refunds
- the warranty on your OptomaTH1060P projector will become void.
Protect the life of your OptomaTH1060P and reduce your stress levels. Invest in authentic.
Buy this lamp on Amazon sold by these authorized dealers:
- Optoma BL-FS300C Replacement Lamp.
- Optoma BL-FS300C, SHP, 300W Lamp Projector (TH1060P/TX779P-3D)
- Optoma BL-FS300C – projector lamp
- Optoma Bl-fs300c Replacement Lamp – 300 W Projector Lamp – P-vip – 3000 Hour Standard, 2000 Hour Hi
- Optoma BL-FS300C Replacement Lamp for Optoma TH1060P DLP Projector – 300 W Projector Lamp – P-VIP – 3000 Hour Standard, 2000 Hour High Brightness Mode (OptomaBL-FS300C )
- Optoma BL-FS300C – projector lamp (BL-FS300C) *
End of life warnings
When the Optoma TH1060P is reaching end of life a warning message will appear on screen. Change the projector lamp immediately. Other warning signs include a poor picture, distorted color or a dim light.
Replace the OptomaTH1060P projector lamp
Your Optoma TH1060P projector uses the Optoma BL-FS300C projector lamp. Follow these safety steps BEFORE installing the new projector lamp.
- Switch off the power to the projector by pressing the Power/Standby button.
- Allow the projector to cool down for at least 30 minutes. If should be cool to the touch. These projectors run using high temperatures and you can burn yourself badly if you don’t allow the projector to cool down.
- Disconnect the power cord.
Remove the protective cover covering the projector lamp screw.
Using a screwdriver, remove the screws holding the cover in place.
Push the cover up to remove.
Use a screwdriver to remove the two screws holding the projector lamp in place.
Slowly put out the old Optoma BL-FS300C projector lamp. Be careful not to bang the lamp against the projector as this may case the bulb to break. Learn what to do if the lamp has exploded inside the projector.
Note: The Optoma BL-FS300C contains mercury and should not be put in regular garbage. Recycle this lamp.
Place the new Optoma BL-FS300C projector lamp into the Optoma TH1060P projector. Tighten the three screws on the lamp. Replace the lamp cover and tighten its two screws. You must now reset the Lamp Replacement Timer.
Reset the lamp timing on the Optoma TH1060P
- Turn on the projector
- Press the MENU option on either the remote or on the projector.
- Scroll down to SYSTEM
- Scroll over the LAMP SETTING. Press ENTER.
- Select LAMP RESET. Press ENTER.
- Select YES.